When is the next build being released for the Windows version?

I hope more of the key features from the Mac version will be added as well.

Answers

• Me too. I am hoping the issue with the preview will be fixed soon. I can not get the preview to work in the Windows beta version.
  • thekidinbostonthekidinboston Member, PRO Posts: 10
    @rick, what version of Windows are you using and what happens when you click the preview button?
  • codybeanscodybeans Member, PRO Posts: 74
    Agreed. One good note for windows users is that they've brought in a new person to work on both I believe. So hopefully that'll get things rolling around here for features and monetization.
  • NY415NY415 Member Posts: 25
    Adding the device selection and cropping in the playback would be a huge help now that universal binary is possible.

Codybeans, are you telling me that you cant utilize the monetization in the Windows version?!??!

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

@thekidinboston The Windows version does have access to the iOS In-App Purchase options. However, to make an iOS game you will need a Mac to finalize the publishing to the App Store.

gotcha. Thanks... I was getting scared that publishing and monetization were completly worthless.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2014

@rick@ricklwinters.com said:
    Me too. I am hoping the issue with the preview will be fixed soon. I can not get the preview to work in the Windows beta version.

The Mac & Windows version of GameSalad Creator will be in "Beta" for a very, very long time... ;)

And to the Original Poster - Windows Creator 10.5.0 is being worked on right now, then 11.0 will be released after that. This is what I was told by the big boss... So, we are very, very far behind... :/

I think it is time for me to buy a Mac.

• ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Member Posts: 101

@JodyMitoma said:
    I think it is time for me to buy a Mac.

11.0 ISN'T the next release? Damn. They say they're working on a unified version, but I like the way the Windows version looks and works, and I'm sure the Mac guys love theirs.

I don't want to have to re learn and re-get-used to everything.

• S888RAMS888RAM LondonMember, PRO Posts: 41

Not sure if this is the problem caused by the version of the creator and the viewer but I gathered I can not view on my android devices at all with my windows creator (The creator is 10.4 and the viewer is 11.0). I tired on my friend's mac and it worked like a charm! (and i m not a Mac fan at all!)

Also I found quiet a few problems with the windows version. The phone or the camera view dont have any icons. There is no reset button in the creator's viewer!! Also when I try to use expressions the window always pop up behind my taskbar and I cant reach it. The menu scroll is very laggy and makes it hard to go through the code! I havent even got to the the final stages and I am well disappointed with the engine so far.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2014

@ReMasteredGames said:
    11.0 ISN'T the next release?

As unfortunate as I am to say it, no, it really, truly isn't. :(

PS. We Windows users will not have to re-learn anything, as the Mac will be transforming to the Windows UI, not the other way around. ;)

• ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Member Posts: 101

@JodyMitoma said:
    PS. We Windows users will not have to re-learn anything, as the Mac will be transforming to the Windows UI, not the other way around. ;)

Shame about it being 10.5. We're REALLY far behind.
    And good! I prefer the Windows UI!