GameSalad Android Query

Hi guys

New to this forum and in the process of starting to develop mobile games - I must say GameSalad looks brilliant and perfectly suited to me. With a graphic design background and very little knowledge of code other than HTML, this application should compliment my skills perfectly.

I have one main question for which I cant really find a solid answer, and it could be a deal breaker. I understand there is support for iAds on the iOS side of the fence, but what support is there for ads on Android? As I'm looking to develop FOC games my only real revenue source will be through ads, therefore if one store is rendered non profitable the business model will not work. I'm sure I read that Mobclix is supported but I have grave concerns as they currently appear to owe developers millions.....

May I ask how Stencyl compares to GameSalad from those who have used both? I am definitely leaning towards GS but if I cannot make a profit on Android I may have to go for Stencyl instead - how similar are they functionally? GS just appears to be much more user friendly and the community looks great.

Any answers and opinions would be most welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    edited February 2014
    Hi @doodleswag -- Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here!

In regards to your question, PRO users recently received RevMob and Chartboost in the Nightly Builds. So we do have options for ad revenue for the Android platform.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you put out into the wild!
  • doodleswagdoodleswag Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for replying so quickly, much appreciated!

Ah this is good to know, are they fully integrated and working? Once I upgrade to the pro version, is an update required to do it and is it as straightforward as implementing iads

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    I personally haven't messed with it -- it was just recently that it was given out to the PRO's. I imagine it's just a single behavior, and like most ad networks with GS, you just select which one you'd like while publishing. Simple, really.