State of GameSalad on 2-12-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
Not a whole lot to report this week. We're still turning the crank on bug squishing for 0.11 as well as implementing the new cross-platform Creator. We'll have some more news about our async multiplayer provider soon as well -- likely in the next day or so.

As of today we still have 25 bugs to fix before releasing 0.11. We'll post more details on bug progress as we make it. The upside is that we have nearly all of our coders squishing bugs in 0.11. So progress is fast and furious!

Comments

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Really looking forward to seeing 0.11 released! Thanks for the update!
  • CircleBoxStudiosCircleBoxStudios Member Posts: 22
    @CodeWizard Thanks I appreciate the update with bug progress :D
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Thanks for the update!

I assume as you're mainly fixing bugs that custom fonts will appear at some point *after* .1.1?

Cheers!

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    Wow, the updates sure are getting shorter...

Thanks, can't wait to see v.11 soon! :D
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    GS on nitrous .. woohaa..
  • Mr. MartensMr. Martens Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    Is there a goal of taking GameSalad out of Beta?

It reminds me of VLC, they took 13 years to get out of Beta.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I thought playTogether was the provider? Is there another?
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I thought playTogether was the provider? Is there another?
    Maybe they're getting closer to getting that contract signed.. the one they kept saying their lawyers were working on... then they released the multilayer stuff anyway without the contract in place… or maybe not..
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited February 2014
    Is there a goal of taking GameSalad out of Beta?

It reminds me of VLC, they took 13 years to get out of Beta.
    Wow... GS has a serious record to beat, but I'm sure they will deal with it :)
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Fantastic ... Thanks for the update ... I can't wait for 0.11 to be released ... So so looking forward to it ... ;-)
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    Not a whole lot to report this week.

@CodeWizard any more news on a fix for the iOS publishing issue (iAd API Reference)? @BlackCloakGS mentioned they were working on it a couple of days back... really kinda waiting on this as I would think a lot of others are too. Either it doesn't affect everyone, in which case I'd like to know the details so I can perhaps work around it, or it affects everyone and then I'd probably want to understand why it isn't the TOP priority ... before bug fixing in .11.

Thanks
  • FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    Perhaps 0.11 is so close that they are going to wrap this all up together than to release an update to iAd publishing and then a new creator release a very short while later down the road? I just hope it is soon as I too am waiting for a fix before submitting. :(
  • jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10
    Yeah some clarity around the timeline of the upcoming updates would be really helpful, we too are waiting on the iAd fix to resubmit. So if that is one of the 25 bugs to be fixed with .11 please let us know and then we can at least know what to look for to get these updated. If it will be a separate fix lets just hope it is top of the list in terms of priority. Thanks as always for all the hard work.
  • jorkosjorkos Member, PRO Posts: 353
    I agree with @codewizard - currently there is a bug that doesn't allow us to publish apps - this seems like it merits a mention in the weekly update. Please GS let us know what the plan is around the app rejection bug... thank you.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Ahh, yeah, the Apple change that's causing app rejections. We have a fix in testing for this. The big issue for us was building more versions of the engine binaries to handle the fix. I do believe this is nearing completion. Let me check...
  • BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    I also think unable to publish apps (app rejection bug) should be addressed. I have a app in the Apple queue and it will cost me at least another week+ if it gets rejected.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    @codewizard any news on this? all my apps have been rejected! :( this is a crucial time for me i simply cannot wait another week to publish :O
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    It looks like we may be able to push this fix to the latest stable build on Monday. More news soon!
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    edited February 2014
    With something like this it might have made sense to at least send a generic email to all the paying customers. But I am glad a fix could be in order for Monday and appreciate the work!
  • BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    Are Apps that use iAds also getting rejected?
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Is Revmob functional on Android yet?
    With something like this it might have made sense to at least send a generic email to all the paying customers. But I am glad a fix could be in order for Monday and appreciate the work!
    Yeah, I agree. GS visibility in the forums has improved 100 fold, but it wouldn't hurt to communicate directly with the Pro members (or all) via email. Would save us from having to dig through the forums to figure out what's happening currently. ie. is it a known issue, is there a workaround etc.

Are Apps that use iAds also getting rejected?
    It seems so. Mine did.
  • Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174
    @CodeWizard What did Apple change? Rules for advertising?
    edited February 2014
    @CodeWizard What did Apple change? Rules for advertising?
    Apple has been tweaking how devices identities are addressed.
    edited February 2014
    @codewizard. As we've seen HTML 5 is possible using the tizen SDK. It even already produces everything needed to imbed in a website. The only issue is you guys wrote a redirect in the java files. Why can't pro users have that redirect removed? Allow us to do it in the nightly build that way you don't have to worry about it being officially supported and allow us to experiment with it. I can see that as the only reason you would want to hold back on straight HTML 5 export. If there are other concerns would you share them with us? I can't imagine it's trade secrets as the files, although against the TOS, are editable and viewable after tizen export.
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    Whats about android advertising? We now wait since months ... this can`t be this hard. Also the current publishing issues are well - a shame. You should focus on the important stuff and don`t try to build something you can`t handle. Sorry to say. Some people are working and trusting your product and not playing around.
  • educareditoreseducareditores Member, PRO Posts: 10
    Hi good morning, I love the program, I would love to someday allow upload videos in MP4 or mov format, I think it would help to make more interactive developments and high value for the end users.
  • educareditoreseducareditores Member, PRO Posts: 10
    It would be interesting to import from csv to tables of GameSalad! :)
    Thanks