I'll pay $100.00 plus meals

game ongame on Sun Valley, California Member, PRO Posts: 79
I'm looking for someone near Burbank, CA. to help me learn GS. If anyone's interested, please contact me.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    Unfortunately $100 won't get you all that much of a game made, especially if it involves travel. Perhaps post some details of the type of game you're wanting to make? To most experienced GS users here $100 would only really cover a couple of hours work.
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    ok, can you show some samples of your food? :-B

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    A whole $100 !? And food !! Actual food !? Count me in, when do I start ?
    edited February 2014
    @Armelline
    To most experienced GS users here $100 would only really cover a couple of hours work.
    Yeah, but food, delicious food, he hasn't been specific, it could be anything, might even be pasta, I love pasta, imagine if it's pasta, maybe pasta with cheese, lovely cheese, and not just on top, but also mixed in, that would be pretty good, pasta with cheese, sure $100 is not a lot for the compete ownership of a lifetime of acquired skills, but cheesy pasta too ?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    or could be Hot pockets.
    @Socks,

Pasta AND cheese? Do you think he's made of money? Keep dreaming!

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited February 2014
    @Fal01
    @Socks,

Pasta AND cheese? Do you think he's made of money? Keep dreaming!
    A guy can dream can't he, is it so wrong to have dreams ?

You've got to remain flexible in a competitive market, especially in these turbulent economic times, so I'm happy to compromise or maybe cut some kind of deal, I have my own fork (pretty much all the top coders have their own cutlery these days) so already I'm starting to look attractive as a candidate for the position, I've also got 2 packets of powdered cheese sauce, sure it's not actual cheese, real cheese, but cheese is cheese, and when it comes to a cash+food deal you bring what you can to the party.
    @Socks

So you've got powdered cheese, do you think that makes you Billy Big Socks?

Well I don't have any fancy pants powdered cheese sauce, but I do have a cow! ok I haven't
    figured out how to get the cheese out of it yet, but if Dave is willing to fly me and Gerty out to California we can work on that when we get there.

Now who's looking like the most attractive candidate?

• game ongame on Sun Valley, California Member, PRO Posts: 79
    Hey Guys, I enjoyed reading all your comments. I can see the food thing is a big hit, lol. I just thought it would be cool to work with other game-makers in the area and learn. If no one wants to do it, that's fine. Can anyone recommend a good class or course for GS near Burbank, CA.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    You are going to have much more success trying to find something online, to be honest.
  • kolabokolabo Member Posts: 240
    @game on I really enjoy reading this witty type of post too. :) Seems to me that your original post asked for help to make a game, and you've edited it to ask for help learning.

Maybe everybody could go back and edit their posts with new wit, so we could all reread them and keep the smiles coming.

And who knows, now that we understand you are asking for help learning, someone might bite, or at least chew the idea seriously.
    I should charge you $100.00 for the honor of working with me! :))
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    @game on, since you asked I teach a course at Udemy and a shorter pong specific course at Skillshare, both are linked in my signature below.
    @game on I really enjoy reading this witty type of post too. :) Seems to me that your original post asked for help to make a game, and you've edited it to ask for help learning.

Maybe everybody could go back and edit their posts with new wit, so we could all reread them and keep the smiles coming.

And who knows, now that we understand you are asking for help learning, someone might bite, or at least chew the idea seriously.
    Yeah, I'd also like to set-up a "meet & greet" for GS users, at my house in Sun Valley if anyone's interested.

And this is Dinner. OK, not really! images.jpg
    Dang, how do I add a picture?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408