Flying Cyrus - Flappy Bird Parody

ChillBoxChillBox Member, PRO Posts: 115
Flying Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Parody of Flappy Bird on Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Free on the AppStores!!

AppStore:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flying-cyrus-wrecking-ball/id819754949?l=iw&ls=1&mt=8

Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Talo.fc

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Expects to get shut down. There was a GS game called zombieber that was actually kinda popular and justin biebers peps sent a cease and desist letter threatening to sue.
  • ChillBoxChillBox Member, PRO Posts: 115
    edited February 2014
    Expects to get shut down. There was a GS game called zombieber that was actually kinda popular and justin biebers peps sent a cease and desist letter threatening to sue.

But Justin bieber is gay, If miley see my game I think she will be happy,

Are you forget that miley is crazy?

• OskarDeveloperOskarDeveloper Member Posts: 533
    So, it's kinda glitchy..
  • ChillBoxChillBox Member, PRO Posts: 115
    So, it's kinda glitchy..
    Yes, I already saw it, and I fixed it (the upload sent)
    This problem stems from mobclix ads..
    Don't even think to use mobclix!

Tnx!

• mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    Did you see your mention in the Guardian?
  • Congrats I see that your app is #2 in the Top Charts right now!!
  • zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

But Justin bieber is gay, If miley see my game I think she will be happy,

Are you forget that miley is crazy?

Yo @Talo do not use the word gay in a derogatory manner, no joke.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    So is Talo another one of Mateens alter-egos?... as you seem to publish the same stuff... or does everyone just publish a version of the Red Bouncing Ball Spikey thing these days....?

Also.. out of interest... why does your Appstore support link send people to the website of Tate & Lyle.

Man... this is confusing... Im sure its all just going around in circles... :-&
  • WhySoCREATIVEWhySoCREATIVE Member Posts: 75
    @Chunkypixels I hope that is not the case. Appstore is already flooded with flappy clones...
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited February 2014
    So is Talo another one of Mateens alter-egos?... as you seem to publish the same stuff... or does everyone just publish a version of the Red Bouncing Ball Spikey thing these days....?
    !!! @-)
    Ok...I'm probably going to get some hate for saying this, but this is far too unlikely to be coincidence. That game has been lingering in the Top Paid for a while, switching between Mateen's different pseudonyms. Now suddenly it's gone...but the identical game has been published by Talo. Now I'm no expert in tshirtbooth templates, but I can clearly identify one as a TSB clone, and am pretty sure 2 others are. His fake support page is because he just linked it to "talo.com" which is evidently not his website since it redirects. Anyways, I felt I had to say this...I mean how blind can we be the description on Red Ball spikes thing is *word-for-word* the same as what Mateen and all his alter-egos wrote, as are the screenshots (heck even the order of the screenshots are the same!), so this itself leaves zero room for doubt. So what's the deal here, are we going to do an IP check on @talo or what?

Chakku

• Skyrocket_EntertainmentSkyrocket_Entertainment Member Posts: 206
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations! Flying Cyrus hit on top chart now.
    But, Red Bouncing Ball Spike free version by Talo and paid version by
    Mateen, what's going on? Or Talo bought template and publish one too?
    edited February 2014
    Or Talo bought template and publish one too?
    @Shyrocket Entertaintment
    He must've bought rights from angel Mateen himself- the description and order of screenshots (not to mention identical screenshots) are EXACTLY the same...

To be honest, I'm surprised everyone is acting like there's any doubt @talo is Mateen. Although I'm not surprised he hasn't responded to me yet (he has seen my previous comment, since his profile page shows last active as 1.5 hrs ago). So...how about that IP check? :-w

Chakku

Edit: Also this Flying Cyrus thing has stolen graphics from Flappy Bird (the tap to flap icon)...

Edit 2: The description is also copy/pasted from Flappy Bird, although the colors of the badges have been changed. He even says "wings", even though this Miley thing doesn't have any wings...
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited February 2014
    Talo has been trying to buy one of my games with wildly lowball offers. Not using the tactics Mateen has been known to use in the past, though.

My guess is that Talo is just someone trying to ride on the coattails/leverage Mateen's successes. I don't think it's the same person.
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2014
    This flappy business is getting out of control. GS and these forums are for people to create their own game. Not cloning other peoples success and making into a pile of crap. What I think these sous chefs should do is immediately close anything to do with flappy bird or just delete it completely. There's about 20 threads of flappy birds. GS is not a clone making software people! Make your own game!

Stuff like this gives GS a bad name!
    @uptimistik
    Are you able to check @talo's IP and confirm that he's Mateen's younger brother?

Chakku
    Since Mateen's account was deleted, I don't have an ip address to compare it to unfortunately..
    @uptimistik
    Mateen lives in Ottawa, Canada. Please check if it's there.

Thanks
    Chakku

No respect to him at all
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    It's amazing how many Gamesalad games are getting into the top 10 lately.
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    These clones are killing GameSalad. Don't matter how good your game will be, soon as people see that spinning wheel they'll think "oh it's made from that thing that made all them flappy clones" and give it a bad review just for that. Then will just go downhill from there.

We are all here to make games, games that we want to play ourselves. I know it's not always about the money but it be nice to earn a little back after all the real hard work.

These are just horrible clones, no effort what so ever. Don't know how and why this is in the charts but it's not looking good for those who truly put the effort in their game!
    @VeiraGames its not looking good for serious developers too. Also not to mention Appstore as well. Now iPhones will be branded as cloned games with no originality.
  • Nowadays, full game templates have been bought
    and published to App Store, Google, window during
    original owner has it on those store too.

How can we stop that?
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    This flappy business is getting out of control. GS and these forums are for people to create their own game. Not cloning other peoples success and making into a pile of crap. What I think these sous chefs should do is immediately close anything to do with flappy bird or just delete it completely.
    While I share your frustration, @VeiraGames, there's no doubt that Flappy Bird's success has driven a fair share of people to discover GameSalad and that in itself is a good thing. What they do with it, well, that's perhaps where the problem lies in the short-term. Still, I think we need to ride out this wave as we've seen other top games cause a similar influx of new users and some of those people are quite skilled with GameSalad now.

That's not to say the moderators aren't keeping a close eye on all of the new threads.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.