Give Mom a New iPad this Mother's Day

stoneestonee Member Posts: 22
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
Mother's Day is just around the corner.Try to be unique this Mother's day by giving your Mom something different. In fact, she may even be dumbfounded if you end up handing her a new Apple iPad this May 9th.

iPad - the uncomputer and tech toy for the masses
Apple has grandiosely claimed that the iPad is creating an entirely new product category, and I think they're right. iPads aren't going to replace laptops and high-end desktop machines for folks who need to develop software, edit video, or wrangle complicated financial data on a daily basis. But most consumers like moms don't need to do that stuff, when they're away from their workplace and work tasks, use their computers to surf the Web, read emails, and enjoy photos, music, and video.

8 reasons moms will love the Apple iPad
So, there is something to be said for the iPad. Not only does it provide a very pleasant media consumption experience, but it is a good tech toy to capture moms' attention. While the thin and light weight machine (0.5' thick and 1.5 pounds) can be easily slipped inside a purse or diaper bag and taken with you wherever you go. There are also some other features that moms will love the Apple iPad.

1. Speed
The iPad is amazingly fast when loading webpages…a huge plus when you only have a few minutes before naptime ends to check out your favorite blogger's latest update.
2. Bigger is Better
One of the biggest complaints I hear from moms regarding smart phones is that everything is so small. A lot of moms are still carrying around their old daily planners and address books because the calendar and address book on smart phones are just too small for them. Not to mention the small keyboard!
The new iPad features a much bigger and more enjoyable experience when using apps such as the calendar and contacts, thanks in part to the larger screen. The iPad is easy to read and input data (with it's 9.7" LED-backlit display) and even syncs with your home Mac. This is seems like a good solution for the mom who is still clutching on to those clunky paper planners but wants to enter the digital age.
3. The Family Photo Album or Digital Frame
Got a few minutes? Let's look at my son's graduation photos. Isn't he handsome? Want to see a video of his rugby game? Or pictures of his girlfriend? The iPad will be a perfect digital frame to share the family photo album.
4. Videos, Movies and Music
The first thing I thought of when I saw video playing on the iPad was "this would be awesome when traveling with my kids!" Coupled with the 10 hour battery life and the ability to download movies from built-in iTunes or get various video files on the iPad, I know the video capabilities would definitely keep my kids (and me) entertained on those long trips in the car or on a plane!
5. e-Reader
All those books and magazines piled up in the den and bedroom will be gone. Instant de-clutter. "Hoarders", take notice. And with wi-fi, reading magazines will take on a whole new experience that both Moms and advertisers will love with videos and experiential ads accompanying the magazines and newspapers.
6. iPad Apps
The iPad is designed to run any and all of the current apps either in a small screen format or in full screen. Developers are already working on iPad versions of the apps moms love and even some new iPad specific apps. Moms can also explorer iTunes to get the best apps for Apple iPad with cost nothing.
7. Kitchen Assistant
With the iPad propped up on the countertop, those online recipes and photos will assure the homemade product looks and tastes as good as the pictures. No need to print anything.
8. Online Shopping
I can't wait to shop online from wherever I am with a great little screen that allows me to look through JCrews catalog and order while I'm sitting under the hairdryer at my hairdresser. Or maybe I'm at Chico's and they don't have the jacket that I want. Fine, I'll order it online and have it in two days. Or eBay, do you have the out of stock pant that has been discontinued?

Conclusion
Whether she's a geek or not, the Apple iPad is perfect for the modern mom. It does exactly what she needs. It will let her watch DVD movies and listen to music and read books on long flights. It will make using a computer fun instead of an annoying chore. Well, give mom a new iPad for this Mother's day!