Why do my images look like Crap???

betoladodgersbetoladodgers moreno valley caMember Posts: 9
I used Photoshop to create my images,characters etc. for document size i used 7x7 Resolution-250pi. Images look nice and sharp. When i resize to the size the characters suppose to be for example like the birds from angry birds size which is like 1"x1" or less, they start to get blurry and cant really tell what it is...What can i do to keep them crystal clear like ???

Best Answers

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2014 Accepted Answer

Hi @betoladodgers Welcome to GSC and the forums.

I think it's best you read the GameSalad manual (via the Help button at the top of this web page).

In it, you'll find basic information like: the resolution for all images brought into GameSalad Creator, which is 72 ppi.

(Tip: use Save for Web and Devices for exporting a png file for use in GSC)

Also, you need to check Resolution Independence if you're publishing to an iDevice, and then make sure all of your images are 4x the size that they'll appear on-screen (i.e double the width, and double the height... example: you want a 100 x 100 pixels image on-screen, bring it in to GSC at 200 x 200 pixels, 72ppi.)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2014 Accepted Answer

No, no need to do that!! Save and keep all your originals as psd files, keeping all their layers separate, if they have more than one, as your master artworks. Always useful for bringing up again for editing/amending, etc.

Then for your exported png image, you can do 1 of 2 things: you can adjust the size and resolution using Image > Image Size... but remember to change the Resolution to 72ppi first, before you adjust the width & height.... but that's a bit of a waste of time, because it's recommended, as I suggested, to export your png via File > Save for Web & Devices where you set the size you want, and once you've chosen png-24, and save, it'll save at 72ppi for you automatically.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870
    Accepted Answer
    Just convert them to 72ppi and adjust their size to fit in the multiples of 2 or 4 like was mentioned by gyro, and you should be fine.

Answers

• betoladodgersbetoladodgers moreno valley caMember Posts: 9
    Thanks you so much i couldn't find the answer no where. So what should i do with my oversized images????? should i just start from scratch with the right dimensions??
  • betoladodgersbetoladodgers moreno valley caMember Posts: 9
    @slickzero thanks for that info.that saved me a lot of work.