Differences between GS Windows and Mac version?

Hi,

I would like to know is there major differences between GS Windows and Mac? Right now, I'm developing a game using Mac Creator on a loaned Macbook. Soon, I have to return it back. Is there any major differences that will put a stop to my development progress if I switch to Windows later?

I do know that I still need a Mac to publish the game to App Store.

Assume that I'm using a hackintosh machine, will there be any issues when I'm creating the certificates for provisioning profile? Are there any GS developer that were using a hackintosh?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    the windows version is a few releases behind. i don't know what the exact differences are, but there should be some small ones.

the UI is completely different though, you might find yourself in strange territory.

i remember people using hackintoshes back in the early days of GS, and the consensus was it caused more headaches than it was worth. some people reported success, most had random bizarre issues, but that was a few years ago.
  • ralphbugsralphbugs Member Posts: 39
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. So, if right now I'm using mac creator and then export it to windows, there will be some feature missing due to version differences, am i correct?
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    Just to put this out there. If you can get for Mac, DO SO!!! :D
  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    Yea I use GS on a macbook air...fantastic. Tried on the windows PC at office....abuhhh ! Really ? Once you go mac...well...everybody knows that one. Hehehe
  • ralphbugsralphbugs Member Posts: 39
    Ok, after doing some research on hackintosh machine, i do agree its gonna make a mess later. Well, going to scout out some cheap 2nd hand macbook then. Thanks guys!
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    DON'T GO WITH A HACKINTOSH!!! They are always missing so many features that a REAL make consist of and in the end when you are ready to publish and put something out on iOS you won't be able to with the Hackintosh. You NEED a Mac to be able to do so. I know they are expensive but well worth the money. You are TRULY paying for what you get and more! Trust me on this as I am a tech person and deal with both. You can usually find decent priced ones on craigslist and ebay. I always recommend though that they still have apple care with them incase something goes wrong you are still covered. You can check that out by getting the devices serial number, going to Apple's website and their support and coverage section and enter the serial number in and it will tell you the year, make, and model and if it's still covered and under warranty. Hope that helps!