How to add enemies

I really want to make a fighting game, but I can't figure out how to destroy actors. Please help!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Your thread subject is "How to add enemies" but your post is "how to destroy actors." I'm not sure which you're asking about but if you want to destroy an actor, you use the Destroy Actor behavior. If you want it to happen after something else happens, such as a collision with another actor, then you use a Rule for that and place the Destroy Actor behavior inside of the rule.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thanks
  • By add enemies I meant how to have actors destroy the main actor
    By add enemies I meant how to have actors destroy the main actor
    ...when? When they collide with the main actor? Or when something else happens?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited February 2014
    @tatiang

C'mon, keep up man, this is basic stuff ! In the language of gameplay the idea of destruction of the main actor (the main actor must by necessity remain undefined) is synonymous with 'adding enemies', in the same way that firing at an alien spaceship is the same as going up a level (or moving to the left of actor of actor 1 or getting coins or something).

I really want to make a fighting game
    You can !
    but I can't figure out how to destroy actors.
    Tell them they will never win an Oscar.
    Your thread subject is "How to add enemies" but your post is "how to destroy actors."
    The way to add enemies is to snub fellow actors at the Oscars.
    or moving to the left of actor of actor 1
    Bonus points for that!

@tatiang
    or moving to the left of actor of actor 1
    Bonus points for that!
    Just a standard bonus point or a bonus point of a bonus point ?
  • Thanks a lot. I'm new to this.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    @Colbyrocks@live.com, you'll see that sarcasm runs deep around here. :)

But really, when asking a question you really need to be very specific about your needs and what if anything you have done so far. There are so many different ways of accomplishing things in Gamesalad that very general open ended questions are difficult if not impossible to answer.
  • Ok
    I was being silly but it was because I couldn't help you without any more information.