the downloads with a free app is crazy. Contented Baby Sleep now free 

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
Evening...

Just posting to say how mad it is the number of downloads you get when something is free.

My first GameSalad title 'Contented Baby Sleep' (which took about a week to learn GS and make and publish to the app store). It's been selling for the last 4 months, started off at around 10 a day then dwindlled down to 1 - 3 sales a day recently.

I made it free, and in two days it went from,

3 sales,
to 250,
to 850...

I imagine its the same for all free apps, but still brings a smile to my face.

The plan is to release a deluxe version at some point and charge around 3.99 for it.

Also if we ever get adverts I might add those to the free one.

link to the app if anyone wants it:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contented-baby-sleep/id352256991?mt=8

Comments

• Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    i thought about doing this for my up coming game maybe you could be a scape goat and let me know how well it works.

make an update for Contended Baby Sleep that puts a self made add for quake builder in it. Something that will really draw attention to your paid app. and with the downloads as high as they are maybe a fraction of them will go out and pay for quake builder.

This is what I planned on doing with my app. Give it a try and let me know if you see an increase in sales for quake builder.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    making a deluxe version of contented baby, once thats out, I will put the add in for that...

Possibly getting a few extra Quake Builder downloads as a result of people finding contented baby on the app store on itunes, then seeing the link to quake builder in the bottom left... Apps also made by this developer.... :-)

....ooh...side note.... just found out Quake Builder made it to no.89 in puzzles on the UK itunes app store. Can't find it myself but Appylizer says it made it....
  • Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    not everyone buys games through iTunes on their computer. I know I only buy from my iPhone and it does not show more by that developer when using this method. My idea was this put an add where everyone who downloaded the app will see it... in the app its self.

just an idea if its something you do not want to try no worries.
  • fuzzeemicfuzzeemic Member Posts: 47
    @stormystudio
    Good luck with the deluxe version. As a father of 2 children already and a baby due in a couple of weeks I know parents would pay *anything* if it helps at all. :-)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    @Player_E.... the plan is to put an advert for the deluxe version in the free version...once the deluxe version is done and out...so will post how that goes.

@fuzzeemic.... I definately agree with you, at times if there is a magic device which claims to even offer 5 minutes of rest you'd happily pay 100 million pounds for it... and I'm currently giving it away for free. Deluxe version is looking nice though...one killer feature the rest is much the same as the free version.