Grid Based Movement (non-Mac)

Hey guys,

I know grid movement has been brought up before, but I haven't been able to pull up the grid templates that have been posted. I'm not sure if it's because I'm running the windows version of gamesalad?

I've been using
http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/46529/ow-to-make-a-grid
as a guide, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Comments

• NY415NY415 Member Posts: 25
    In the guide I'm not seeing where the actor's position X & Y get connected/change according to col and row
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited February 2014
    Use a constrain attribute and on the first window self.position.x then the expression in the second window. Add another constrain and do the same self.position.Y
  • NY415NY415 Member Posts: 25
    Thank you. I've been able to figure out how to make it a swipe to move one box in the grid. Now I'm having the trouble of aligning the grid to the background. Any thoughts on how to do this?

I constrained the character to
    self.position.x to: (self.COL)*(game.squaresize)+(game.paddingside)*(game.squaresize)
    self.position.y to: (self.ROW)*(game.squaresize)+(game.paddingtopbot)*(game.squaresize)

I followed this from the linked guide from original post. I changed the side padding to be a different attribute from the top/bot padding thinking it would help, but I'm not able to get the character movements to match the background grid. Any help would be great!