why does gs on windows limit the number of scenes to 5???

infoprodigy7@yahoo.cominfoprodigy7@yahoo.com Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Working with GS (PC)
why does gs on windows limit the number of scenes to 5??? after I add a 6th scene it stops working. anyone know about this problem?

Answers

• Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85
    @infoprodigy I have found out this will possibly work if you pause the scene, then choose the next scene. However, when I published my game it still did the exact same thing. Try reporting this issue GameSalad Support. To get there go to: Help>Support>Report A Bug. Be sure to be very descriptive of what you did so the process of them assisting you will not be slowed.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    This is what I wrote to you in a private message:

When you say unplayable, what exactly do you mean? For example, if you click the + to add a new blank scene and then add a rule in one of your actors that says When Mouse Button is Down --> Change Scene [new blank scene name] and then preview it and click the mouse button, what happens? Does it change scene? Does it crash?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    No. It happens to me on windows to but it's only when I have like 10 scenes or more.

If you try add more scenes by clicking plus button the creator crashes.

@tatiang
    Okay, we'll that's clearly either a bug or an incompatibility with other installed software. Either way, you both need to submit a bug report / contact support at http://gamesalad.com/support.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• infoprodigyinfoprodigy Member Posts: 2
    Ok, thank you sir. I was nervous it was limited and was really considering not using GS bcoz of it. But you changed my mind. Ill give it a chance. Thanks. :)
    GameSalad is amazingly powerful and there are few if any built-in limitations. As an example, another member recently build a demo that checks to see if a word is one of 180,000 words in a dictionary. It takes, oh, about a second to check. I helped one of my clients to make an app with over 40 scenes including games, an eBook, quizzes, dress-up games, and educational content and illustrations. There's so much you CAN do with GameSalad. It's fair to say that the Windows version of Creator is a little harder to learn (because there are fewer videos, tutorials, templates, etc. built specifically for it) but that's slowly changing and GS is working on a cross-platform version of Creator that should be a big improvement.

• sweet, cant wait until I can get to that point but ill need this issue fixed first. I have a great game but cant move forward until its fixed. so im in wait mode, frustrating lol. but thanks for your help - I put in a bug report -how long until they get back to me?