need help spawning actors speed and amount limit

hello if possible could someone do a template on how to make actors slow down
eg i have 2 actors on screen one is green one is red i want the green to spawn travel through x and y wrap bounce of each other then destroy after say 8 sec and the red to do the same wrap xand y destroy a little after say 15 sec but when they spawn they are spawning random positions,boucing off each other which is good, but after a certain time they go to fast and blur
how can i limit it to say green spawn then red spawn and control the speed to random speed but not exceed max speed . so it is possible to keep tapping on them .
other words slow both actors down to a set speed ..
also what if i want only a certain amount to spawn green and a less amount to spawn red ? would i add a limit ?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    hello if possible could someone do a template on how to make actors slow down
    eg i have 2 actors on screen one is green one is red i want the green to spawn travel through x and y wrap bounce of each other then destroy after say 8 sec and the red to do the same wrap xand y destroy a little after say 15 sec but when they spawn they are spawning random positions,boucing off each other which is good, but after a certain time they go to fast and blur
    how can i limit it to say green spawn then red spawn and control the speed to random speed but not exceed max speed . so it is possible to keep tapping on them .
    other words slow both actors down to a set speed ..
    also what if i want only a certain amount to spawn green and a less amount to spawn red ? would i add a limit ?
    Eats shoots and leaves

My favourite: "spawn travel through x and y wrap bounce of each other . . . "

My answer:

im not onehundred pecent sure if its answer you are after the slowdown after the green to spawn travel through xandy wrap destroy a little and go to fast and blur so you cantry set maxspeed so also make sure apply maxspeed is check

;)
  • umeiumei Member, PRO Posts: 21
    edited March 2014

Eats shoots and leaves

My favourite: "spawn travel through x and y wrap bounce of each other . . . "

My answer:

im not onehundred pecent sure if its answer you are after the slowdown after the green to spawn travel through xandy wrap destroy a little and go to fast and blur so you cantry set maxspeed so also make sure apply maxspeed is check

;)
    That made me LOL quite hard =))
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Destroy a little...?

You'll find that if you write more clearly you're more likely to get help here. Try separating your sentences into sentences (punctuation and capitals help). More importantly, read what you wrote out loud to see if it makes sense.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jap71rx2jap71rx2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, yeah i wasnt sure how to ask .

i am new to this so appreciate your answer. I checked the max speed is ticked
    set my max speeds of both actors to what i want . and wrap x and y .
    I think i have the wrap working right now .
    how can i vary the speed and make my actor move across the screen at random speeds ?
    my actor red block max speed = 400
    green block = 300
    scene =max speed checked

when it spawns red block,green block randomly and accelarates it is always travelling the same speed ?
    sorry if this makes not much sense but its new to me