Need help with Save and Load Attribute

cmcotocmcoto Member, PRO Posts: 5

I´m sorry to bother guys, but I am having trouble with my saving and loading attributes. The thing is that every tutorial I´ve seen it appears as the save attribute and the load, have a KEY... but the problem is that when I get that rule, there is no KEY... the save only has a save: ... as:... but no KEY. The load has a from: ... load: ...

Sorry is the question is dumb, but I haven´t found out how to do it correctly.

Thanks.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

The key is a word that you make up and then type in. It has to match in the load attribute behavior and the save attribute behavior. I usually use the same name as the attribute, so if I am saving and loading game.score, I will call my key "score" (without quotes).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• cmcotocmcoto Member, PRO Posts: 5

Thanks Tatiang, but the problem is that when I set the save rule, it does NOT show the word KEY... The rule just says: SAVE:______________ AS:__________________

In that case, which one is the KEY?

The load happens to have these two words:
    FROM:________________________ LOAD:______________________

which one is the KEY?

Hmm, I'm guessing you're using Windows Creator? Can you post a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing? You can use the new attachment drop-down menu in the toolbar right above your post to include an image.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Yes, its windows creator...
    I guess it changes, a lot from creator to creator... :(

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375

I take it saving is SAVE: (Attribute) AS: (Key) and loading is FROM: (Key) LOAD: (Attribute) :#

Thanks bjandthekatz, I´m going to try it today like that, and thank you for all your help guys!

Thanks.

edited March 2014

@bjandthekatz said:
    I take it saving is SAVE: (Attribute) AS: (Key) and loading is FROM: (Key) LOAD: (Attribute) :#

It could be clearer but I think the 'a' for attribute and the 'e' for expression (text) are the clues there.