spawning, can I be this prescriptive?

Hi All

I'm at the design/planning stage for my first ever game! I've read a few online tutorials and watched a few online videos re: creation of actors and the spawning of. however I've not seen (at least I don't think I have!) an answer to my specific query and I'm hoping you can help. I'm NOT looking for an a-z on how to complete this however high level pointers in terms of whether or not each attribute is possible would be appreciated.

for the sake of this posting, let's say I want to create 5 actors named A, B, C, D and E. I want them to have the following attributes after the player hits play:

1. one actor to have a +1 attribute to scoring when hit/touched. let's say this is actor A.
  2. the remaining actors to have a -1 attribute to scoring when hit/touched. actors B, C, D, and E.
  3. actors to spawn at random screen locations and in a random order that changes after each cycle e.g. I wouldn't want the cycle to be C D E A B ... C D E A B all the time, I require each cycle to be random in itself so the player doesn't quickly adapt to what's happening when.
  4. when an actor is tapped it plays a positive sound (in this scenario if it's actor A) or a negative sound if one of the other actors.
  5. ideally I'd like the actors to remain on screen for a random length of time e.g. between 0.5 sec and 1.5 sec and for this to be completely random e.g. actor B might be 0.5 sec in one cycle then 0.8 sec next cycle.
  6. when one actor disappears the next actor is to appear, ideally with a random length of 'gap' time in-between ranging from 0 sec to 1.5 sec and again for this to be completely random.
  7. game score/counter that simply goes up/down by the value of 1 depending on actor that is hit/tapped.
  8. game ends as soon as a wrong actor (in this scenario any actor other than A) is hit.

so my new friends ... can I be this prescriptive?

Dave

Comments