Cannot Update Gamesalad

SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Maybe im on the latest version but when I click check for updates I get an error saying GameSalad could not find the URL. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling (Also running as admin)

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

Best Answer

• jigglybeanjigglybean Posts: 1,584
    Accepted Answer

You just need to download the client again. But as far as I know, there hasnt been a Windows update since 10.4.1

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

Answers

• tzunitotzunito DenmarkMember Posts: 15

I got the same problem, havent used GS for some weeks and wanted to update it. Hope there is someone who know the answer to it.
    Glad I saw your thread so I didnt have to make one my own ;)

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

• GunBrothersGamingGunBrothersGaming Member, PRO Posts: 6

@jigglybean said:
    You just need to download the client again. But as far as I know, there hasn't been a Windows update since 10.4.1

Just curious but why does GameSalad hate Windows users? I am just starting development but if GameSalad is only gonna half support Windows I don't want to start using something that won't ever be as good as another platform.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2014

@GunBrothersGaming

@GunBrothersGaming said:
    Just curious but why does GameSalad hate Windows users? I am just starting development but if GameSalad is only gonna half support Windows I don't want to start using something that won't ever be as good as another platform.

Well that's an interesting take on everything.

GameSalad was originally designed for Mac. It supported the Mac platform for several years. Then the decision was made to build a Windows version of Creator. The version actually had features that Mac users wanted so the Mac users started wondering why they had been left out of all the fun. "Why does GameSalad hate Mac users?" Now with the Nightly Builds and Release Candidate versions, Mac users once again have more features than Windows users. Grr!!! You see? It's not like GameSalad has it out for Windows users... they just don't have enough man/womanpower to support building a full new version for both platforms at the same time. Unless...

Soon, a cross-platform version will be available and we will all look at each other with silly sheepish smiles on our faces and the debates of the past will be forgotten. Have patience and also know that 90% of GameSalad rules/behaviors work the same on Mac or Windows. It's mostly the logic you have to figure out and that's the same no matter what type of computer you have.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Nicely Put @tatiang

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

As tait says. Its nothing about 'hate' its just Mac is its lead format and as a Windows user, thats something you have to accept.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon