How do we know what limitations there are in mb usage

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Do we have any specifics right now as to what the limitations are on graphics usage, sounds etc.

For example, in one of my levels, it says 12mb are being used for graphics alone, I'm assuming this could be brought down a bit, but to what extent?

Do we have any specific numbers or limits for each level and how that will improve performance in game ?

I have the iphone 3G and have experienced some slowdown with my game, although playing it directly from the viewer on the iphone has improved performance somewhat.

I need to go back and recheck all my images, make sure they are to the power of 2, I'm also getting away from spawning, and perhaps, placing enemies on screen and just doing the move behavior would be better as well.

I had rain effects, but I may have to eliminate that, but I'll do power of 2 check, then spawning enemy check, then take away the rain if I have to!

So far though, I wasn't expecting perfect, I think for Gamesalad being in Beta, that the viewer works pretty good, and I'm hoping things will improve over the next few months, it will give me more time to tweak with and perfect my game :)