A BUNCH OF FREE TEMPLATES (constantly updated)

CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

hey everyone, i decided that i would create a new thread just for free templates.
all the free templates that i put up on mine and @timolapre1998‌ website, will also be uploaded via mediafire, and that link will be placed below.
remember to check my signature :)

so ill just start it off with these ones that i have made recently:

jump chump clone, this template is almost identical to the game jump chump
http://www.mediafire.com/download/55td4le8r2201x9/jump+chump+clone.zip

red bit escape, (it was posted in a seperate thread, but this thread is about a bunch of templates, so im placing it here,)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cus9z0zqt272gq3/red_bit_escape.zip

one actor orbits around another
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5evivcqr6rrmat4/orbit.zip

a nice menu system with no load times and nice sliding effects.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkcpzadtag7a9h1/noloadtimemenu.zip

for beginners, how to control the camera with gamesalad, the actor follows your mouse.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/369vma4indy0oyc/control+camera.zip

feel free to post suggestions of templates i should make that can be free, ill consider all requests, but i cant promise to do all of them.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

These new rules are so stupid. You put the links via a third party yet you mention your site and point people to the link to it in your signature. I would call that bending the rules. This is what the forums have come to? Oh man.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited March 2014

@FryingBaconStudios It depends who posts imo I've seen a lot of things slide if its the right person :) i.e. not me :)

Nice idea thought tbh to have them all in one place, i think thats in discussion atm i.e. have a single thread for template sellers.

Darren.

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

@FryingBaconStudios‌ i didn't break any rule there. i just said check out my signature :) that could of meant anything?
    i know you don't like me, but just keep your insults to yourself.

edited March 2014

@CodeMonster said:
    FryingBaconStudios‌ i didn't break any rule there. i just said check out my signature :) that could of meant anything?
    i know you don't like me, but just keep your insults to yourself.

First why do you think I don't like you? My comment was meant for the moderators as I see other threads being closed for bending the rules. My point was the rules are crazy for everyone not just you. This wasn't an insult and insult would be "you're ugly" or some such nonsense. Pointing out how the rules can be skirted is not an insult but a point of fact. No you didn't break the rules, you found a clever way around the letter of the law. Let's be honest about that. Some of you people are too damn sensitive and everything hurts your feelings if it's a comment that doesn't support your point of view. I know you guys are children so I can understand the lack of developed emotions.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited March 2014

The rules do seem a little absurd, but what @CodeMonster seems to be doing is entirely within both the letter and spirit of them in my opinion. I can only assume that GameSalad have a big revamp of their own marketplace planned and are wanting to cut out the competition, I can't see any other reason for these new rules.

That said, I'm really not sure how I feel about them happily taking the vast amounts of help, guidance and support users provide on these forums - for free, saving GameSalad probably thousands of support tickets a year - and saying to the community "YOU CAN ONLY USE US".

3rd party sites being advertised has never been an issue. There are only realistically 3 of them, and none of them have ever been spammy, and all of them have offered easily enough free stuff to drive traffic their way without "abusing the forums for free advertising". And as Darren says, the rules have been applied very inconsistently in the past, depending on who it is posting (though DBA have been given more leeway than most from what I've seen :P).

If they ban links in sigs too, I'll probably call it a day using the forums out of principle.

edited March 2014

@Armelline said:
    If they ban links in sigs too, I'll probably call it a day using the forums out of principle.

agreed.

@FryingBaconStudios‌ sorry about that, i guess i got the wrong impression... again :/

@FryingBaconStudios said:
    I know you guys are children so I can understand the lack of developed emotions.

Now that's an insult :P

edited March 2014

I was wondering when the anti fryingbacon guy would show up..lmao You're making a name for yourself on my coat tails..lol you must have alerts for when I post. :p

Although you know what hormones do to a teen's emotions right? That's a scientific fact. I know I was a teen once too.

i haven't been a teenager yet, i started old and i grow younger every day :)
    which probably isn't a good thing, i should go get this checked out....

edited March 2014

I was wondering when the anti fryingbacon guy would show up..lmao You're making a name for yourself on my coat tails..lol you must have alerts for when I post. :p

Not anti-FryingBaconStudios guy so much as anti-bully. I am an equal opportunity pain-in the-ass. And I like to think people know me by my many helpful responses and posts, rather than my arguing with you. That bit's just a bonus.

Although you know what hormones do to a teen's emotions right? That's a scientific fact. I know I was a teen once too.

I think it's pretty insulting to jump to the conclusion that their age (above childhood by pretty much anyone's definition, anyway) has any effect on their posts. I've seen @CodeMonster be nothing but polite and courteous to you, even when you've been really very rude and insulting to him. He's displayed maturity, not childishness.

edited March 2014

You know what you guys can run the forum however you like. It's just not worth it anymore. Good luck.

@FryingBaconStudios‌ i hope your not mad at me, didn't mean to cause any hassle.

Nope I'm just done with the forums. Four years is enough and I just not that into it anymore. I don't need the forums as I don't need answers and I don't sell anything. I think I'll take a break and just stick to beta testing and commenting in the nightly thread and such. It's a pain making all those videos anyway for nothing. Better to just keep to myself and move on.

edited March 2014

Some of you people are too damn sensitive and everything hurts your feelings if it's a comment that doesn't support your point of view. I know you guys are children so I can understand the lack of developed emotions.

You know what you guys can run the forum however you like. It's just not worth it anymore. Good luck.

edited March 2014

My feelings aren't hurt. It's just enough of the crazy ness around here. More like the straw that broke the camels back. Have fun.

It's actually liberating...

In fact if you can't beat em join em. It's time I added ads to my videos.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

At the request of @codemonster this thread is closed.

He will hopefully open another. Please let's not trash it with conversation that's off topic.

This discussion has been closed.