"play sound" - problem

Hi everyone. I created a drum applications. I used the rule / touch / pressed to play sound but in reality I hear the sound about 0.2 -0.3 sec after touch. I need a faster response time, I need without delay. Is it possible to GS?

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited March 2014

Hi @gajaklukasz Two possible problems spring to mind ( although there are other possibilities of why you're not hearing the sample correctly)...

First, check that you're using the Rule "When Touch is pressed" and not "When Touch is Released"

Second, open the sound in an audio editor, and check there isn't any silence at the beginning of the sound sample. If there is, delete it, of course, and reimport.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110

Yes I know, I even optimized the graphics to a minimum but the delay is still there. I do not have a chance to compete with the top applications where simplicity scares me :-) I have an idea for a great application but this defect disqualifies me :-(
    I used 0.10.4.1 and 0.11.0.2 Creator and even 0.0.0.250 thinking that one will be faster but the effect is the same.
    Maybe there is something else to do to improve it.
    I believe that you have some magical way ... truth ?
    Sorry for my English :-)

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2014

Without seeing your rules any help will be guesswork at best, the fact that you've referred to "the graphics" means there might be other rules and attributes and images and perhaps behaviours you are not telling us about ? Maybe you are playing this via PC Creator and running it on a year 2011 HTC ? Maybe you are running this via Mac Creator on an iPad 1 or 2 or 4 ? Maybe your problem is happening in preview on your Mac laptop or when you pass it to your Kindle . . . . . etc etc ?

For me the latency between touch and sound playing is negligible / imperceivable, sounds play the instant you touch the relevant place on the screen.