The GameSalad February (2014) Game of the Month is..

dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

... TINY GOALIE by @FatFish‌ Games!

Feb GOTM

Congratulations to Fat Fish Games, developer of our February GameSalad Game of the Month, Tiny Goalie.

Check out our GOTM interview with Anthony from Fat Fish right here!

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

No surprise there! Congrats, @FatFish‌ !

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

Grats! It's a great little game :D

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240

Well done @FatFish lovin it!

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

Congrats! I really enjoyed playing it and recall at the time thinking, this is really well put together!

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

It is awesome to get your hard graft acknowledged and actually win something! :)

Thanks everyone :D

• findmattgamesfindmattgames Member, PRO Posts: 100

Great job! I am still playing it!

• willkeslingwillkesling Member, PRO Posts: 123

congrats man!

• kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554

Congrats ! Well deserved... i still play it on and off... Good work.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited March 2014
  • DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Congrats! @FatFish‌

• YoRoosterYoRooster Member Posts: 159

I love this game! Great work @FatFish

• JungrilaJungrila Member, PRO Posts: 46

Congrats, I love this game!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Congrats! Was definitely the one that tempted me to download it :D

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
  • BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

Congrats! And I have to place a question. How did you create that SHARE button? I though GameSalad does not have "post email" and "facebook share" behaviors. :smile:

edited March 2014

@Bitvork said:
    Congrats! And I have to place a question. How did you create that SHARE button? I though GameSalad does not have "post email" and "facebook share" behaviors. :smile:

Thanks @Bitvork‌

This month I got the go ahead to have a more technical person port my game, and with that it gave us scope to support such share features like the one you've mentioned. It's a shame GameSalad doesn't support the share sheet yet, maybe it will with the pending Facebook sharing feature.

The Android version is still using the GameSalad version though...for now at least :) as is my new game Tiny Touchdown

• willkeslingwillkesling Member, PRO Posts: 123

@FatFish brings up a good point about the sharing feature. Is this in the works. ( forgive me if it isn't and I haven't read it on the road map ) :)

@willkesling said:
    FatFish brings up a good point about the sharing feature. Is this in the works. ( forgive me if it isn't and I haven't read it on the road map ) :)

@CodeWizard‌ ?!

Also, I thought it was against the user agreement to mess with a GS binary?

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

@Loaded‌ gamesalad rules are so unclear these days its ridiculous.

I don't blame @FatFish for what he has done. Fair play. Sharing capability should be at the core of what GS have on their roadmap, it is a well know fact that social games are are making dollar bills (Candy Crush, Clash Of Clans etc etc) and calling on iOS functionality would be easier to implement I would have thought.

He's implemented Applovin too and I think all the monetization options (AdMob, Apploving etc) should be open to pro users. Good luck @FatFish

edited March 2014

Thanks @Loaded‌ :)

I find that if an engine doesn't meet your intensions for the game, you're always going to explore alternative options. I was just lucky I was able to pass it on to someone that is way more skilled than I in porting it all over this month to help with sharing and also increase my options for advertising.

These are two key areas in which I feel GameSalad should focus on, to give us developers the chance to make a decent amount of revenue and help fund our jobs and/or our hobbies. :)

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

Does that mean the binary for Tiny Goalie was edited post-GameSalad @FatFish?

edited March 2014

@lycettebros said:
    Does that mean the binary for Tiny Goalie was edited post-GameSalad FatFish?

No it was a complete rewrite, done at the end of this month using a totally different engine. I can't say what engine as that is against the forum rules, I think.

I wouldn't even know where to begin when editing a Binary. I am just an artist that can drag and drop boxes in GameSalad to make things move. LOL

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited March 2014

Neat game. It also demonstrates that a solo developer can make a widely popular game based on a simple concept... and build it with GameSalad! Very encouraging to me, and no doubt to quite a few of you too.

Thanks @PhilipCC‌ I totally agree. Sometimes you don't need to overcomplicate things :)

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Great Game!

• junaid558junaid558 Member, PRO Posts: 29

@FatFish,congrats on your success.....but how did you manage to add ads in android? and how did you manage to incorparate google play services...???,i was really shocked on seeing this lol:)

edited April 2014

@junaid558 said:
    FatFish,congrats on your success.....but how did you manage to add ads in android? and how did you manage to incorparate google play services...???,i was really shocked on seeing this lol:)

If you read the thread above, this game has been ported to a different engine (that supports the features you mentioned) since winning in February. PM me if you need any details. :)

Tiny Touchdown on iOS and Android is still using the Game Salad engine.

@BazookaTime said:
    Great Game!

Thanks @BazookaTime‌ :)

• junaid558junaid558 Member, PRO Posts: 29

@FatFish you said to pm you for the details of porting the game to different engine?,it would be really great to know the procedure for porting to that engine(i dont know the that engine name) :)...please help me!