movies in your game???

avemonavemon Member Posts: 16
hi... is there any way i can play movies??? you know... like flash , avi and all that good stuff?? I would like to make a cool intro for my game... any ideas?

Many thanks

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Please refrain from using the 'f' word. ;) j/k

Right now we do not support anything in terms of media except for .ogg, .m4a, .aac, .jpg, and .png. Some other image file types may work but are not supported well.

Video file types are just not supported at all right now.
  • avemonavemon Member Posts: 16
    WOW thats a quick response, this really encourages me to continue with GS :) thanks!!

note: you initially scare the hell out of me :p
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Lol! I think we're gonna need to do a "Best Of" for our forums!
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    there is a search. Check the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen. You can search for all kinds of stuff!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Do we have video support yet. Would check in the program but it's just out of reach. Have baby on my lap. And only my lovely iPhone to keep me sane. Video would be an obvious great addition. Especially as I'm an animator and video editor in the real world
    . Thought of my first baby app idea. Simple but useful
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    I Believe that QuickTime let's you export videos into a individual jpg files for each frame. Then you can import them all into GS and animate a large square with those pictures.
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    That'll be quite resource-consuming. I don't know if it'll just sit in memory or flush out when it's no longer used, and it will likely take up a lot more space than a MP4/M4V file.

I hope there'll be a video playback option soon. It appears to be pretty simple to incorporate into Xcode, and therefore probably just as easy to get GS to summon it.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I don't know anything more about their roadmap than you do, but I would expect that video support is on their list of things to add.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I used quicktime pro to convert a video into png files (25 frames per second - a lot of png files!) Then I dropped them into an animation behavior. You have to export the sound separately and use a play sound behavior. The png files take up a hug amount of space so keeping it under 10mb would be tough if that was your goal and I have not tested this on a device yet. It looks just like the original video when I preview it in GScreator, though. Something to consider if you are already over 10mb so another 10 for a cool intro may be fine.