RANDOM SCENES?!?!

skipniceskipnice Member, PRO Posts: 68

hey im looking to make my scenes appear at random, as well as have the difficulty for each scene to be progressive dispite the random scene selection? is that possible with game salad?

Comments

• CrazyApeCrazyApe Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2014

What do you mean random scene? After specific time change scene to a random one? How many scenes should there be?

• skipniceskipnice Member, PRO Posts: 68

theres gonna be 40 scenes. from 1-39 are to be played at random. everytime you play the game your gonna have a different "path" i guess

Here is a template I quickly made to demonstrate how it works. There Is a home scene and 5 other scenes. In the play actor there is a attribute called WhichScene. When the player presses it, It will be changed to a random number between 1 and 5. There are 5 other rules Numbered 1-5 which change the scene to the scene with its number.

Link: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/5JLDMr0n04/

heyyy that'll work out great i think! thank you! part 2 of the question. since the stages are going to be at random,the difficulty would also need to stay progressive. so your first time playing you get scene 1,3,5,2,4. 1 being the easiest and 4 being the hardest this time. so for an example 1 bad guy appears in 1 and 5 bad guys in 4.

If you want it to stay progressive then you don't need random scenes. The player starts at 1 and gets higher every time.

true,that would be what progressing is but i dont want to progress with the same scene over and over. that takes away from the replay value of the game

• BrokaryoticBrokaryotic Member, PRO Posts: 2

I'm wondering when GameSalad will implement a random scene mechanic to the software. This seems to be something a lot of people are demanding. This would be great. I also plan on making a game that involves random scenes.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

You should be able to use a random scene mechanic using the "new" Change Scene at Index feature. It allows you to change scene based on an integer value.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Brokaryotic said:
    I'm wondering when GameSalad will implement a random scene mechanic to the software. This seems to be something a lot of people are demanding. This would be great. I also plan on making a game that involves random scenes.

They already did as Braydon pointed out..lol