DESPERATELY Looking for Advice

Good afternoon fellow developers, artist, indie game developers.

I am working on my first game and I have pretty much gotten the mechanics of how the game is going to work and play in GameSalad. I have spent many hours watching videos on GameSalad but I am running into a snag. The videos that explain how to do background elements are very simple (the elements I mean). I will be creating my own art and design as I am an artist by nature and education. My ambitious nature is pushing me to do the game in the style of Apocalypse Max (which I am a fan off) and Shank. So the advice that I am looking for is what is the best way to setup the background of the game. I have done a mock up of one of the levels in photoshop and the dimensions are 8192 x 1536 (Ipad3+). I know that GameSalad does not like those dimensions because when I tried to import the image it asked me to resize. So what is the best way that I can create such levels? My intention is to have three levels, the background (with movement), mid-ground where the actors live and foreground (with movement). If anyone has any ideas, please share. I am reaching a very high level of frustration.

Thank you in Advance.

Comments

• jorkosjorkos Member, PRO Posts: 353

cut the images to ipad size (2048x1536) then place on the larger scene in actors

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Don't forget to uncheck movable to save on performance.

Darren.

• BaohBaoh Member Posts: 3

Cool, so Jorkos, do I split up the 1 long level into 2048x1536 sections and then import them as separate actors?

And for DeepBlueApps, the one layer that is not going to be movable is the one where the main actors are going to be. the foreground and back ground I need them to be movable so that they can give the illusion of perspective.