Sharing Links (SMS, Facebook, Email etc.)

supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
edited March 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

I noticed in the "Tiny Goalie" game for iPhone (created through GameSalad) there is the ability to share your score with friends through SMS and even email (example seen below):

Does anyone know how this can be done? I'm aware of Facebook's sharer php links, but I was never aware GameSalad had the ability to prompt SMS and Email sharing directly through the phone like this.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

I use this to generate links for Facebook and twitter (on android):

http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com

however, Facebook PHP links are being depreciated, so it's really not to useful for that anymore.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Thanks! I've used this link before--"Tiny Goalie" uses a different way to share though that I can't figure out; it actually brings up the iPhone's internal sharing screen like the photo above

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@supafly921 said:
    Thanks! I've used this link before--"Tiny Goalie" uses a different way to share though that I can't figure out; it actually brings up the iPhone's internal sharing screen like the photo above

if it's the real iPhone sharing screen, it's not made with game salad, we don't have access to that (yet)

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    edited March 2014

@jonmulcahy‌
    mmm, thought it was made with gamesalad considering its the game of the month.

but yes @supafly921‌ i also noticed that sharing popup.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@gingagaming‌ he already has.
    In the feburary game of the month thread he stated that he hired someone to mess with the gamesalad project file and imbed different code and exporting it using a different program. Not gamesalad.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I see @codemaster shame that because when we was talking about tinkering with GS code to make a HTML5 game we got a harsh response and it scared off veterans like @FryingBaconStudios‌ from progressing with it.

@gingagaming‌ to me it seems the gamesalad team doesn't care that he tinkered with it.
    considering its the game of the month.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@jonmulcahy said:
    I use this to generate links for Facebook and twitter (on android):

http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com

however, Facebook PHP links are being depreciated, so it's really not to useful for that anymore.

@jonmulcahy When are they being deprecated/where did you find that out?

@CodeMonster I'm no coding expert but if someone was hired to tinker with the code and was successful wouldn't the GS team be able to roll this same feature out very quickly?

• AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310

I was thinking the exact same thing myself about how this was implanted, but what about the custom tab on gamesalad isn't that anything to do with it?

@CodeMonster‌
    @supafly921‌
    @gingagaming‌
    @jonmulcahy‌

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120

Hi @supafly921‌ @gingagaming‌ and co.,

Let me clear this up a bit, as it seems some people are getting the wrong end of the stick here, or a case of Chinese whispers is starting to happen.

Tiny Goalie was released in February as a Game Salad project, I submitted the game for February's GotM and it won - yay! I wasn't expecting it to at all, as mechanically it isn't that feature rich, but people seemed to like it.

It wasn't until the GS team got around to announcing the winner (nearly a month late) that we had already begun porting the Game Salad version into another game engine. The reason for this was we wanted better ad support, stat tracking, and the share sheet was just the icing on top. It was NOT 'tinkered' with as @CodeMonster‌ states.

It is unfortunate that by the time we had won, we were already at the end of March and we had Tiny Goalie, rebuilt from the ground up, in an entirely different engine, waiting to be released. We gave it some time before flicking the update over.

So the latest version you see on the App Store is created in a different engine (I can't say here due to the forum rules) but this is why you are seeing the iOS share sheet as well as share functions on the Android version, which has also been updated.

It is a real shame GS doesn't currently support Facebook sharing on top of their Twitter sharing. Utilising the share sheet in IOS would be a boon for the GS engine and I would love to see this implemented in a future version of GS as it solves so many areas in terms of sharing from the app. Sadly android handles this differently, so I am sure if we every do see this we'll see iOS share sheet first.

Hope that clears things up and I am happy to answer any questions.

Cheers :)

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

@FatFish‌ I know this response if extremely late, but when I play your game I notice that the startup time is very fast. Did you tweak this when you rebuilt it, or was it that way when you had the gamesalad version released?

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    edited July 2014

@MattButlerStudios said:
    FatFish‌ I know this response if extremely late, but when I play your game I notice that the startup time is very fast. Did you tweak this when you rebuilt it, or was it that way when you had the gamesalad version released?

Nope, they rebuilt it with a much cleaner Game engine.... I think it was one named after a Mexican beer.... LOL

Am I right @FatFish???

@Wboko said:
    Nope, they rebuilt it with a much cleaner Game engine.... I think it was one named after a Mexican beer.... LOL

>

Am I right FatFish???

Haha, what he said :)

Tiny Goalie, Tiny Goalie World Cup and Tiny Striker games are all done in a different game engine now. They don't use Game Salad any more. If you see Tiny Touchdown and Tiny Tennis, who both still use Game Salad, you'll see the difference and the usual slow loading times compared to the three soccer games.

Hope that helps.

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@FatFish said:
    Haha, what he said :).

HAHAHA... I knew it!

Thank you @FatFish!!!

@Wboko said:
    Thank you FatFish!!!

No worries, however the 'cleaner Game engine' was correct, but the name of what was used isn't the Mexican beer one, it's the one that sounds like a breakfast cereal that turns the milk chocolatey :)

• NarlixNarlix Member, PRO Posts: 1

@FatFish thanks for the great info. Indeed a true shame that some key integrations have still not made it into GS, most notably the FB share..

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

we are going to have that kind of share feature in 0.14 including Facebook sharing.

• lafedelafede Member Posts: 1

this is a sms link or sms landing ? Try with https://bitly.com