Compiling iOS Viewer in Xcode for simulator

zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Hi,

I wanted to get the iOS Viewer working in the Phone/iPad simulator on the Mac but the downloaded source (Release Candidate v0.11.0.2) won't compile.

I get over 200 errors coming back and a failed build.

I'm using Xcode 5, Mac Pro 2013 running 10.9.2.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Hey @Zenoah,
    Just to make sure, did you create a your app ID in your Apple Developer account the put it in place where the GameSalad one is? If not then it's not going to work.

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

This is to work on the Xcode Simulator, not an actual device.

Or do I need the ID even for that?

I am not 100% sure as I only test using actual devices but I would give that a shot because you are still trying to compile the GS Viewer. The Simulator acts as your device even though it's virtual.

Changing the app ID does let it build as an Archive and to the iPhone (real) when connected.

Soon as I select a Simulator device though it just goes back to over 200 errors.

The only other thing I can think of is make sure your xCode is up to date and you are using the correct viewer with the creator. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Are you able to build the viewer for the Simulator then?

It's the newest release candidate i'm trying.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

The RC and nightly build's viewer will not work on the simulator.
    This is a known issue.

• adcam303adcam303 Member, PRO Posts: 2

Same issue here. GameSalad viewer in xcode can clean and build and will accept the run function.

But then GameSaladRC tells me xcode viewer requires an update, even if it the latest version. GameSalad version works fine on my ios device, just not the RC.

The RC, being more advanced than the latest offical release, ie a Beta of the next official release, somehow pre-emptively sees the viewer as obsolete, even before it is.

That is some hipster AI for you, right there.

• hussain12hussain12 Member Posts: 1

stuck with the same issue, Anyone found solution ??

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Viewer doesn't currently run in the simulator. The simulator is kinda pointless as it's horrible and laggy. best to test on a device.