Is this idea probable?

I have a idea for a game but it would require a "3d" cube (stuck in the isometric view so not really 3d) it would be made up of a bunch of little cubes (10x10 pixels or something like that) it would need to be quite big like 100x100 randomly generated... is this at all feasible?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mash_MobilityMash_Mobility Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2014

What you are saying is just drawing something out. If you could draw it then yes it would work. Gamesalad is about the mechanics so we would need to know that info before we could say whether or not the game could work.

• garrettwebstergarrettwebster Member Posts: 5

well it is going to be sorta minecraft-esqu (but by no means a clone) focusing on more of a tekkit type feel... really i just want to know if having that many actors will crash the game (i am going for ipad but could be for HTML)

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

I have not tried in a while but I know in the past I placed around 80 actors in a scene that all had similar code in them. It was pretty laggy. GS has improved a lot though so you could be fine with 100 or so actors. Sounds like the only way to find out is to try it.

• garrettwebstergarrettwebster Member Posts: 5

well it would spawn with about 101 but could get to 150 or so