Actor moving using interpolate moves write over another actor even when collision is turned on

Hi,

I have two actors:

1) A platform (with high density, and movable disabled) with a collision rule turned on when overlapping the hero actor.
2) A hero actor (with low density value in relation to the plaform, and movable enabled). I've created some simple move behaviors for the hero to move up, down, left, and right using the keyboard arrow keys with the "move" behavior.

I've set the platform to move across the screen using interpolate, but when I put my hero actor in the path of the platform and do not press any keys, the platform hits the hero and pushes it for just a split second, but then the hero begins to pass right through the platform. I would like the platform to continue pushing the hero across the screen (i.e., I don't want the 2 to ever overlap). The intended behavior only happens when I have the keyboard arrow key held down in the opposite direction that the platform is moving.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how I can achieve the intended behavior (i.e., the platform continues to push the hero actor and the two do not overlap)? I've even tried putting a collision behavior simultaneously on the actor when overlapping with the platform. This did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-James

Comments