Enemy Behavior

TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

I am trying to make an enemy that clings to and follows walls, like the Zoomers in Metroid. Will I have to set up a waypoint system for each of them or is there a way to have them detect and follow wall surfaces?

Comments

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Is it a platformer or an endless runner your making, I would suggest doing the following if your creating a platformer:

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

Ok, so thats back and forth. How do i get them to turn corners and go up walls? (note, my hope here is to make this modular so that I can drop them into levels with simple enough editing or attributes rathre than carefully adjusting each one.)

Hmmmm yeah I see what you mean, To be 100% honest I'm unsure, you can create point on where you want to patrol to go but that still the same issue, I'll have a little play around tonight to see if I can do it

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

Because I'm using a table to construct the level (system issues and i find it faster) spawning a lot of waypoints is pretty tricky. the option will work, though, but I'll try some other things first

Sure thing, as I said I'll have a little play and see what I can do

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

You could do something like this waypoint tutorial. Just 'fake' it so they seem to cling to the walls like when I send them up the ladder in the tutorial.

That will definitely work and be the option i take if no other pans out. Its just very fiddly on a spawning geography like ive created.

Just doublechecking to see if anyone knew another method to do this sort of pathing trick.