App aproval

ovechkin8ovechkin8 Member Posts: 42
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
I have read different articles, I have seen different post, and it seems to me that the average app takes about 3 or 5 days to get approved. My lite version has taken 8 with no status change its still "waiting to be reviewed". Is there something I did wrong to not get it approved or let alone even looked at. I have not heard back from Apple either, though I have only emailed them about 14 hours ago.
Can anyone shed some light, or do I just need to reject binary and re-upload the game to Apple?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    I have Made "lite" versions of two of my games. It seemed to me that they took longer than the originals. Not sure if it's coincidence?
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Apple take longer to approve free applications. They make money from paid apps so if you were a company what would you do first?

;)
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    Most of our uploads and updates have taken 7 days to go into review and then another day to be approved.

What is odd though, an update to one of our free apps had a bug where it didn't even start up and for some reason it was approved. Like it was never even looked at by Apple. So it sat for 7 days, went into review, and then was approved the next day. Is this automated or are people at Apple actually looking at this stuff? I had to pull it from the store so no one would download.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Jungle Bug Rock & Roll (our latest game) full and lite and also DropZone (update with 3 extra modes and a lite version) have been in review a bit longer than our last games but we hope to have them out by the weekend.

I think Apple are pretty busy that's why it's taking nearly 2 weeks.

Darren.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Yeah 'Tilt Toy' has been waiting for 5 days so far. Looks like it might be a while longer... meh.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    In the last month or so...waiting time is around 5-7 days for us (native apps).
    We had the same waiting time for both new submissions and updates.

We found that you currently wait for about 5 working days in queue. Then once it goes to "in review" it takes about 1-4 hours for approval/rejection....then about 2-3 hours to go live.

Times vary depending on Apple's queue load. It constantly changes. I suspect native built apps may get preferential treatment...but not sure on that...only speculation.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Until they start looking/testing how are they gonna know whats native?...Unless they have an automated filter..guess so
  • skottskott Member Posts: 172
    We are also waiting - 7 day's today.. They need more staff at Apple :-)