Can anyone help me?

Hi everyone,

I have been using Gamesalad for quite while now and I was able to make some progress on app from watching some tutorials on YouTube, but now I'm stuck and I'm in need of help. This is going to be hard to explain, but anyway, this is the situation:

I have 3 different color buttons, red, blue, and green and I also have 3 different color boxes (as placeholders) red, blue, and green.

My question is how do I make it so when I, for example, press the RED button so I can THEN press the RED box to destroy it. Same thing with the blue button to the blue box, etc...

I also want to know how to make the 3 buttons rearrange randomly (without repeating the colors) for every time I destroy one of the boxes.

For instance, Once I destroy one of the boxes, it would cause the red button to randomly become the blue button and the blue button to change into the green button, etc...

I know this is a lot to ask for or maybe to hard to understand, but, I really need the help on this and there's haven't been any tutorial that I had found that is tied something to this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

@SpareTester said:
    when I . . press the RED button so I can THEN press the RED box to destroy it. Same thing with the blue button to the blue box, etc...

Make three boolean (game) attributes called:

Is Red Armed ?

Is Blue Armed ?

Is Green Armed ?

Leave them on their default value which is 0.

Then put a rule in the Red button that says - when touch is pressed change Is Red Armed ? to 1

The put a rule in the Red box that say - when touch is pressed AND when Is Red Armed ? is 1 then destroy.

Same deal for Blue and Green.

• GeometricGamesGeometricGames Member Posts: 4

Thank you, it was great help but, I forgot to mention that the boxes respawn and I want to have the buttons to reset every time after a box is destroy. I tried doing it myself by putting, for example:

Change Attribute

set: game.Is Red Armed ? to: 0

inside the otherwise/else in the red box rule

However, it only works for every two red boxes I press/destroy, but what I want is for it to work immediately after A red box is destroy.

Well, I managed to solve the problem with the boxes not getting destroy immediately, but I still need help on the buttons to randomly change.

Never mind, I was able figure it out, so disregard this discussion. Also thank you, Socks for that small push it really helped.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

@SpareTester said:
    Never mind, I was able figure it out, so disregard this discussion. Also thank you, Socks for that small push it really helped.

That's what my lawyer said when I 'divorced' my 8th wife, the fabulously wealthy and heavily insured Barbara, who sadly died when she 'slipped' over a cliff.