Release Candidate 0.11.0.7 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited April 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen

Release Candidate 0.11.0.7

Creator 0.11.0.7

Fixes:

• Fixed iOS games not pausing when a full screen ad is shown
  • Fixed Viewers crashing when no ad was shown
  • Fixed several actor instance/prototype sync issues with the Scene Editor
  • Fixed the Animate pop-up so that it only happens now when the user drags from the Image library. Otherwise, we take the images in the sequence they are dragged in as.
  • Fixed Pause/Unpause breaking conditions with attributes
  • Fixed issue where all images were being reloaded after pausing/resuming.
  • Fixed issues with Apple rejecting apps with In-App Purchases
  • Fixed color picker crashing or becoming unresponsive
  • Image loading now uses gsImage and loading times for published apps are now back to 0.10.4.1 speeds

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to “Mac App Store” or “Mac App Store and identified developers”
  • Tiled images on Mac App may display incorrectly
  • Device status bar may display over an iPhone app that is running on an iPad

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• joshuanewton@live.co.ukjoshuanewton@live.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 17

Hey guys, thanks for the update!

However, just tried signing my app and it's failing with a server error. I've emailed with the server error status.

Annoying timing! literally on my last testing

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

added fix for loading times

• mactds10mactds10 Member Posts: 63

Outstanding! Been waiting for this. The IAP fix is crucial, and thanks for adding in that bit about improving load times. I think the RC may be ready to submit to Apple with.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited April 2014

Wahoo! Definitely happy to see this RC. Thanks GS team.

Edit: Would love to report that the loading times are amazing... but sadly I cannot tell. I did an adhoc build and in retesting on my iPad2 it seems about the same as it was before this RC... is that possible? ie. that fix isn't in there (please say that this is the case).

• luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

Hi,

Does this release include the fix for publishing under android, and giving not designed for tablets? Thanks and God Bless....

Sincerely,

Sunday

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

Brilliant stuff - will check it out! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Gotta say, first impressions are good.

The Pause/Unpause bug is indeed fixed!

Will test some more for sure, but thank you for getting this done!

QS =D

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2014

Soo uhh.. pause and unpasue is fixed. Load times are maybe 10-15% better. The interpolating alpha issue seems to be back however.

Edit: Guess i should clarify, the interpolating alpha issue appears to be back in some capacity on the device. Resolved in the creator. I suppose this has to do with the gsimage format since it's a publishing side change right?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854

Great news there's a lot on here that have been bugging us for a while, thanks so much @BlackCloakGS‌

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited April 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌

What is the plan with the loading times for this stable release?

Currently it's unusable.

I'm currently using 10.4, and the load times are very good. The load times in 11.0.7 are very very bad in comparison...

Here's the load times in 10.4 versus 11.0.7

Load Mission 3 - 6 seconds (10.4) / 10 seconds (11.0.7)

Load Results Screen - 1 second (10.4) / 12 seconds (11.0.7)

Waiting for the mission results screen to appear is an excruciating 12 seconds in 11.0.7, versus the 1 second it takes to show the results in 10.4.

Could we please see the LOADING TIMES issue added to the Known Issues list of things that will be addressed before this stable release goes final? Currently, that is just not good enough. I would need to stick with 10.4 if load times are not improved, meaning that I don't have access to any of the new Pro features I'm paying for in the new stable version.

I'd like to see the loading times reduced to the level as seen in 10.4, or very near it. I don't really see why the load times should be getting significantly worse - no matter what changes and additions are being made in GS.

======

On that note, could you please confirm that I will still be able to publish using 10.4 for the next 12 months? I think I have everything I need in 10.4, and I could potentially survive without upgrading to a newer version. I'd like to know that 10.4 will be supported for the duration of my project, which I hope to have released by September or November.

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    edited April 2014

Yea I'd like to know how long 0.10.4.1 will be supported as well. I plan on sticking with it for a while. This 0.11.0< version isn't for me with the PNG issues. PNG size optimization is a must for me and I also use a different program to make my most of my graphics, and it's not listed as one of the supported programs for images.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Load times are still 3-4 seconds longer then 11.0.3

The load times are an issue for sure. I don't think anyone who cares about what they put out will be able to do anything with GS till this is fixed.

You guys have made some serious progress here, but please, I implore you, don't release .11 till the load times are fixed.

I just want to know that when .11 is done, it's done. I don't want to wait for a nebulous amount of time later till I can seriously publish with GS.

Additionally, not all your customers are pro, and would have to put up with slow load times in .11 while pro customers would, at some point, get faster load times via the nightly builds.

You are so very, very close! I'm happy to wait so that .11 is really solid and useable in 'real world' situations! :D

Go team GS!

QS =D

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

Excellent ! Amazingly fast turn around ! Especially on issues only reported very recently ! Great stuff.

Will check it out a little later.

But I would agree with what everyone else is saying, the long load times are a step backwards, the whole point of progress, of better image formats and tighter code and all that stuff, even things like the, now redundant, LUA free engine, were all centred around faster loading times, I'd say that (and stability) is certainly what users measure progress by, so it would be a pity to see the GameSalad team's hard work over the past months result in slower load times. Hopefully you can get load times down to near previous versions, I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy to wait a little longer.

But besides that I'm loving that bugs, even ancient long standing bugs, are being crushed so quickly ! :)

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

I am good with 0.10.4.1 ...i don't want dead slow Advanced version of .11
    please fix before release,even it takes 1 more year..to fix...or don't release

Thanks

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519

Good update! But the level's scenes in my game still do not load in the Android Viewer.
    @BlackCloakGS is there a way to fix this?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Keep at it. I'd still wait to fix the load times and memory footprint before final release. This could end up being one of GS's best releases ever if you sort the rest out!

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@BlackCloakGS
    maybe this is a stupid question, but will the performance be much better when spawning or destroying in 0.11 compared to 0.10.4?

• braverybravery Member, PRO Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm using 11.0.7, I have build my game with the Distribution profile (so it's ready to upload to app-store), however I tried to test the IAP, and when-ever I click on buy button the game will ask me to enter my password and everytime I got the following error:

"The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again."

and no matter how much time I tried it always show the same problem????

I'm sure that my username and password is correct as I use it to login to itune without any problems?

So is there any problems with the IAP?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Keep at it. I'd still wait to fix the load times and memory footprint before final release. This could end up being one of GS's best releases ever if you sort the rest out!

I very much agree with Frying Bacon Guru's message. Could be a fantastic release if the load times and other outstanding issues are addressed.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Fixed several actor instance/prototype sync issues with the Scene Editor

Works just great now !!! Been waiting for this for a long time, great stuff !!!

Thanks. :)

edited April 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Fixed color picker crashing or becoming unresponsive

Woooohaaaa !!! Fixed, abso-needless tmesis-lutely fixed !!!

Regardless of what I did I couldn't get the colour wheel to die, selecting white is instantly reflected in the actor's attributes preview and is picked up by the actor itself, it's been an annoyance for at least 3-4 years, always catching me out when I least expect it - but it's rock solid now !!

Thanks !! :)

Happy Socks???

THE END OF DAYS IS UPON US :open_mouth:

QS =D

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@quantumsheep said:
    Happy Socks???

QS =D

only those custom frogs are holding it up

@quantumsheep said:
    Happy Socks???

QS =D

Yep, these are the sign talked about in the ancients books, watch the skies, the end is near, I'm hoping Sunday as I'm busy on Saturday.

@jonmulcahy said:
    only those custom frogs are holding it up

For it was written . . .

"From the east will come frogs, an army unseen in both size and purpose, and they will be of the custom sort, you know with swappable legs and all that crap . . "