Display Text Not Working

Hello! I recently ran into some trouble with a game that I am working on, the display text behavior function is not working. I have tried changing the text sizes, colors, and the color attributes of the actor, but nothing seems to be working. I could really use some help.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You'll need to explain what your expression is and what you mean by "not working."

If you create a new DisplayText behavior and set the text color to black (and actor color to white) and press Preview without changing the expression at all, do you see 'Hello World'?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• seirseir Member Posts: 8

Hi liam, tatiang I have similar problem with this behavior,

but only if save and restore the project, becase the Actor.color return to white and no restore the correct position in the screen. I need rewrite this, then no problem until close project.

I am workin in Window7.

Bye.

hummm..

I am use the version 0.10.4.1 then is probable that if you have de GS Pro you worked with other version this bug is deleted. -.-

**_" Release Candidate 0.11.0.7 is available!
    quantumsheepquantumsheep
    12:53AM

The load times are an issue for sure. I don't think anyone who cares about what they put out will be able to do anything with GS till this is fixed...."_**

well, is an idea.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@liamracecardigital‌ Are you using Windows Creator?

@seir I recommend starting a new thread for this in the Working with GS (Windows) sub-forum. There are specific bugs and fixes related to Windows that wouldn't apply if we're discussing Mac Creator.

I still don't understand what either of you are experiencing so perhaps a quick screencast of your app being previewed would help.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Ok. Thank you.