Let's talk about image formats...

13»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Armelline said:
    I'm not getting the glitch in this project. At least not the same one.

Hmmmm . . . ? I was getting a tiny stutter every now and again, inconsistently, perhaps one at 3 seconds in, then one at 10 seconds and another at 26 seconds (. . . . and so on), and this project seemed to do much the same.

Not sure I can add anything else, sounds like you tired all the logical solutions, it would be good to hear GS's take on image handling issues like this.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

The problem I'm getting from the project I uploaded is a very noticeable jerk and stutter (and in this case flash, but I don't get that in my main game) each time the image changes. It's more than a little stutter, so you may be talking about a different issue entirely.

Attached is a (crappy quality) video. I tried to get a video of your project too but whenever I attempted it GS did the "white image" thing it loves so much. The attached video is recorded from my device, not from creator.

edited October 2014

@Armelline said:
    The problem I'm getting from the project I uploaded is a very noticeable jerk and stutter . . .

I just got a subtle stutter every now and then, and the same stutter remained when I striped the project back to just a single image, I didn't get any of those flashes !?

The mystery deepens further :D What device are you testing on?

No GS staff have opted to jump in on this thread yet so I'm waiting patiently for my support ticket to get responded to. Will update when I have a reply.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@Armelline it's been a crazy week, I'll take a look at the helpdesk and see what's going on.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

edited October 2014

@dgackey said:
    Armelline it's been a crazy week, I'll take a look at the helpdesk and see what's going on.

I'm still well within the 3 days turnaround you aim for, so wasn't try to get that speeded up. It's just that this is stuff that's relevant to everyone, so I hoped it could be discussed in public.

Plugging away at the next stable release is definitely top priority :D

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

No worries. It's in QA's queue for today and can confirm there is live chatter on the ticket ;)

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

@dgackey said:
    No worries. It's in QA's queue for today and can confirm there is live chatter on the ticket ;)

I take it the issue turned out to be more complicated than expected? :D

@dgackey said:

We're closing in on 10 days since my ticket was submitted, and are over 7 days since it was put in the queue. Wondering if there's any update on this ticket and issue?

@Armelline said:
    The mystery deepens further :D What device are you testing on?

iPad 3 / iOS7