Characters move freely

how do u get characters to move freely?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

What do you mean?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• alexkulakalexkulak Member Posts: 5

how in gamemaker when you put a character or asset you can make it move freely around the map or area. i have collisions for the characters but when the move up they dont bounce and dont move freely and the reason i moved from gamemaker to here was to make apps

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Same question as tatiang asked, what do you mean ?

What do you mean by 'move freely' ? Is your 'move' from Gamemaker relevant to your question ?

sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/113041-the-fruit-collector

ok sorry guys when i put an enemy character in the area of play i would like that character to move randomly so like if it was starting on the right side it would go up then bounce off a wall then it would bounce to a random spot on the play area and keep just bouncing to a random spot or moving to a random spot continuously without stopping. if you look at the pictures below you see apples and stuuf all those sprites in that game. they move freely and randomly aroundthe area of play. click on the link and download the game if you dont understand what im trying to get my enemy characters to do.

@alexkulak said:
    . . . i would like that character to move randomly so like if it was starting on the right side it would go up then bounce off a wall then it would bounce to a random spot on the play area and keep just bouncing to a random spot or moving to a random spot continuously without stopping.

When you say you want the actor to bounce 'to a random spot', does he stop at this random spot ?

Do you just mean you want an actor to bounce around randomly - this going to 'a random spot' . . . and moving continuously without stopping is a little confusing.

edited April 2014

Here's a couple of quick demo files, the actors don't go to a particular spot, they just bounce around, but it should give you some pointers.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?2jzms5wh1cehgf0

edited April 2014

@Socks said:
    Do you just mean you want an actor to bounce around randomly - this going to 'a random spot' . . . and moving continuously without stopping is a little confusing.

it keeps bouncing randomly and never stops

@alexkulak said:
    it keeps bouncing randomly and never stops

Did you take a look at the examples I made for you ?

@Socks said:
    Did you take a look at the examples I made for you ?

yes i did but im on windows and it cant open the gamesalad file in gs

edited April 2014

@alexkulak said:
    yes i did but im on windows and it cant open the gamesalad file in gs

Oh, too bad, I guess that's that then.

:\

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You might try Googling convert windows gamesalad mac and watching the videos available there.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
    edited April 2014

@alexkulak I would think you could open up Socks demo. I think there's an issue on Windows where it won't open if you just navigate to the .gameproj file and double click it. It should work if you:

1. Download the .zip and extract the files somewhere
    2. Open GS Creator and select File > Open
    3. Navigate to the extracted files and select the .gameproj file

Hope this info helps some :)