Level unlocking

nick.karkazis@hotmail.comnick.karkazis@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11
edited April 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

Hey all,

I have posted in here a few times and have had some amazing help with this but I am still a little stuck and need someone to really go into detail about how to complete this.

I am making your typical game and have level screen. On that screen I have 15 buttons all of which are a different level and when clicked on, take you to that scene.

I need to lock all the levels except the first. Then once level one is complete, level two is unlocked etc...

I have watched tshirt booth's video. As helpful as this was, he has one button set up for all his levels and I have a new button for each instance. There are subtle differences that are not allowing his video work on my game; one of which is he's on a Mac.

I have made 2 Integer attributes in the Game tab. One called CurrentLevel and another called UnlockedLevel. I have then placed a 'WhatLevelAmI' Integer on each of the level buttons and made them their respective levels.

I have then gone into each level and (I think this is where I went wrong) on the object that allows the level to be complete, I have also put a WhatLevelAmI on and put in respective level numbers.

I have put a 'change attribute' at the top of that object as well so straight up it says CurrentLevel is WhatLevelAmI. Then were it says (on that same object) level complete, I have tried to put in something to say unlocked level is WhatLevelAmI +1.

None of the above is working. I can still click on every level. Nothing is locking and I don't know how to sort it...

I someone could please go into a bit of detail on how to tackle this, that would be so helpful!

Thanks,
Nick.

Answers