How to change my iOS dev account Country of incorporation? Aus ->UK

DonaldoukDonaldouk Member, PRO Posts: 63

Hi,

I am a british citizen and only moved to australia 2 years ago and probably moving back to uk soon.

My question is, I about to submit my first game with iAP. I dont have an ABN nor GST set up. If I can change my account to UK resident and theres no need for me set up an ABN and GST. Obviously I will be paying the tax in the UK.

I notice there is this statement in iTunes connect. 'Once you submit this form, you will not be able to make changes via iTunes Connect. Please make sure this information is correct before you click Submit.' So How do I change it.

Can I just setup another dev account with uk details? Or can I change it somewhere. I posted this on the apple dev support communities. They don't make it easy to contact them . lol

Cheers

Comments

• andikmandikm Member, PRO Posts: 26

I think you may probably have to set up another UK dev account with UK banking details then log into your Australian dev account and transfer the app.

There's a button to transfer apps in App Summary page in iTunes Connect. Best to contact Apple via iTunes Connect first, they normally get back pretty quick.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

Make sure you check before you do I can see this getting complicated.
    If it was me I'd wait until I returned to UK and publish then.

• DonaldoukDonaldouk Member, PRO Posts: 63

Thanks will look into it.

I applied for my tfn, then waiting to apply for the abn and gst. It's free anyway.

But might also look into getting a uk dev acc. And publish my game. I can deal my tax online or I have family back home. As tfn then abn, gst will take ages!?! They said something like 28days each. Rubbish.

I mentioned I might go back to UK soon, but that's not certain yet, all depends on the residency. But should find out within 9months.

@Donaldouk The ABN TFN registration with ATO/ASIC and then Apple will take a while (not nine months but it could be a while). The hassle is that if you register all that you will have to submit a tax return and also shut it all down when/if you leave.
    If you can dev through UK then do so as long as you know you are going there.

If you are an aussie resident and will return one day then you may as well continue I would suggest.

Will I be able to submit my game without out abn? Can I just op out to publish in aus App Store while I wait?

I think you can if you are just selling free Apps. An ABN is needed once you start wanting to make money.

edited April 2014

@lycettebros, thanks for the quick responds, I have iAP in my app. :(. I found a aus site claiming they can get you an ABN under an hour. sounds dodgy!?! the only way is to contact ATO?

Can i upload a screenshot of it being approve instead?

also can I be cheeky and ask, Im stuck on gamesalad 10.4.1beta and people seem having issue submitting with iAP, Which is the reason for mine to be rejected.

How do you update GameSalad to 11.0.8. I can't find it anywhere. when i check for updates it saids i have the latest version.

sorry I found the GameSalad to rc11.0.8. Is it stable? is it worth updating?

I applied for mine directly to the ATO or thru my accountant. Getting one in an hour maybe too good to be true. Look at the process on the ATO site to make sure which is the best and legitimate way to get one.

A screenshot will not suffice for Apple of an approval process. You will need to have the number.
    You also have to fill out a W8-BN application (tax exemption for making money in the USA). This form will require the ABN and then have to submitted to Apple. This is another headache and can take a while to be processed and then approved by Apple once submitted. The whole thing will take time.

You cannot set up working IAPs in your Apps because you have not had a contract approved with Apple to sell Apps that make money (see contracts in iTunesConnect).
    You must get approval first then you can setup IAPs.

IAPs work fine with 10.4.1. (all mine are using this) You should not publish with 11.0.8 (it is not a stable release). You must sort out the legals first before you worry about IAPs.

Thanks, I will go see my accountant on tuesday. Shame my game took me 9 months to complete and I thought I finally finish and ready to submit.