Startup Ad works, but Interstital Does Not

andrewhnovak@gmail.comandrewhnovak@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 77
edited April 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

Startup Ads work, Interstital Ads don't and heres why I think
. I implemented a change scene with enable advertisements ticked, but the ads don't pop up. I built the game off a template and I spoke to the creator of the template, but he's not familiar with advertisements. He said and I quote when referring to changing scenes "I made it all on one scene to save load times so there's no change scene instead it has instant restart." So I think this is what is conflicting with the ads not popping up even though I have a scene change option. The creator of template referred me to a pink actor that controls the logic. I couldn't locate and rectify what he was referring to as an instant restart so maybe one of you guys can. I apologize for all the images.(Theres alot of logic) The first image is me implementing the scene change when the hero dies. The others are the pink actor/controller.

Image of me implementing scene change

Pink Actor/Controller Logic

Comments

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

Do you know GS set a limit time for the ads to show ? when you show the start up ads, you need to wait more 60sec to show the second ads( Interstital). So every minute can show a Interstital one time only...

• andrewhnovak@gmail.comandrewhnovak@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 77

I did not know that. So I disabled the startup ad in gamesalad and unchecked startup ad under revmob in browser publishing options, but the interstital won't appear when I die in the game like I want it to and this time there is no startup ad to add any 60 second delay...

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

I have the same problem. I use a reset game behavior to enable a revmob ad which does not show upon resetting. Only start-up seems to work.

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

As my experience, i use startup for check the ads ok or not. When startup ads can show, Interstital ads can show after 60second later. But if you set startup ads but it's not show, Interstital is never show too. I don't know why but my test result like that.

• andrewhnovak@gmail.comandrewhnovak@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 77

Bump