How to use 60,000 Word Checker

shadormashadorma Member, PRO Posts: 9

Hello,
I'm making a boggle game, so I downloaded: http://gshelper.com/shop/free-templates-and-tutorials/600000-word-checker-demo/
I'm a noob, so don't know how to use this download. I thought it would simply open in GS, but there is nothing to open. Any files that are in the download just open in internet explorer as code stuffs.
Could someone tell me how to use it pleeeeze?

I've been following along with the 14 videos on how to make a boggle game, but now it is to the point where it pertains to this word-checker file and I'm stuck now.

Thank you bunches for any help!

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited April 2014

To be honest, this is a very out dated way now and will probably lag up your game as it searches through the cycle of words.

Tables is the way to go, Braydons demo is probably the best way for you to find out. Its also free to download

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• shadormashadorma Member, PRO Posts: 9

Thank you jigglybean. That's a good video and helps me see how to use tables. For a boggle game then I guess I would need to enter every available word into the table and have an attribute to search the table to see if the word exists.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Cheers @jigglybean‌.

@shadorma said:
    Thank you jigglybean. That's a good video and helps me see how to use tables. For a boggle game then I guess I would need to enter every available word into the table and have an attribute to search the table to see if the word exists.

Right -- there is a 270,000 word table around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Ah, found it on my hard drive. Here you are. You can use the tableSearch function to see if a string is really a word.

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803

That project only has 178k words in it.

@CodeMonkey said:
    That project only has 178k words in it.

My bad. I got it confused with a different table. 178k word table is still pretty good.

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Ah, found it on my hard drive. Here you are. You can use the tableSearch function to see if a string is really a word.

THANK YOU BRAYDON_SFX!!!!

edited April 2014

Oh, apparently I can only make up to 100 rows in a table. The table that Braydon_SFX gave me has around 178K rows. Do I need a newer version of GS? Or, will I need to make several tables, each with 100 rows?