Release Candidate 0.11.0.10 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.0.10

Fixes:

• Fixed background color changing to black after rotating the device or using keyboard input
  • Android version of Chartboost changed changed back to 3.3.0. This fixes Chartboost ads sometimes failing to display which caused the app to hang on a black screen.

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers"
  • The iOS Viewer will sometimes fail to display behaviors properly after the first time previewing a project. This can be worked around by hitting the Home button on the device.
  • iPhone apps running on iPad devices with OS 7.1 or greater will show the iOS status bar across the top of the screen. This is a bug on Apple's side. The current workaround is to make a Universal build instead.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Awesome!

• fturner19fturner19 Member, PRO Posts: 20

Wow, the RC's are coming out on a regular...keep up the great work!

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS‌

not a big deal but I noticed in 9 and now in 10 "just tested". that if you create a actor "Prototype" and then drag onto scene. Then add a attribute "all good at this point" but then go back to "Prototype" and delete said Attribute it will still show on the scene actor.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@BBEnk thanks for finding that. We will work on getting that fixed.

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

@BlackCloakGS‌ When using keyboard behaviour, the button done in top right doesn't have its background, just blue text which can be hard to see. The mac preview works fine and shows background but viewer/ad-hoc doesn't

• ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405

@BlackCloakGS Thanks to you and the whole GS team for all the great updates!

I was wondering if you could tell me the best course of action for the problem I've been having with all the great new image/animation stuff you guys have been adding.

I have a actor with a boolean called "attack".
    if "attack" is false I have a timer which says every 2/3 secs change "attack" to true

Then I have two sets of animation, if "attack" is false I have a walking animation which is set to loop.
    if "attack" is true I have a attack animation with both loop and restore actor uncheck, and another rule which says if self image is "attackframe5.png" change "attack" to false.
    This works 80-90% of the time, but sometimes it will just freeze on one of the attack frames and so the command to change "attack" back to false never fires.

hope this makes sense :)

Thanks again
    -Ash

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

I'll try again @BlackCloakGS . Since compression software is out, I rely more than ever on 8bit png images where ever possible. I'm too close to the 50 mb limit of google play to splurge on 24 bits. If you save an 8 bit png with Photoshop using a matte, GameSalad will ignore the transparency. I've linked to an example. The two included images are made the same way, "save for web" in Photoshop, 8bit - pattern dither - 256 colours. I used your logo as a poor example. Everything is the same except one has a white matte and the other has no matte selected (in the drop down menu in photoshop). Is it possible to make the matte work? This is hardly a compression trick. Try importing both these images into a project and see what happens.

Without a matte: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2856163/LogoNoMatte.png
    With a matte: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2856163/LogoWithWhiteMatte.png

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff !

Love the non-mathmatical naming system with 0.11.0.10 following 0.11.0.9 (rather than 0.11.1.0 following 0.11.0.9) :)

@vafurlogi said:
    The two included images are made the same way, "save for web" in Photoshop, 8bit - pattern dither - 256 colours. . . .

Small aside, using a dither, like noise or pattern, will greatly increase file size, best to avoid dither if an 8bit/256 colour palette can get away without it.

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

Awesome!

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

is the iAP fixed in this latest release?

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited April 2014

Bug:

If you have your actor scaled differently to the image size applied to it.

Then update it with another image by dragging the image onto the prototype in the inspector, the actor changes to the scale of the image as if you'd dragged in the image to make a brand new actor. It didn't used to do this, it would previously keep the dimensions you had manually typed in. It also changes the dimensions of any actors in the scene, even if they have been stretched to different individual proportions

Also if your inside the prototype, and drag the image up to the image slot, it changes the thumbnail to the dimensions of the new image, but if you leave the scene, or preview it, it has actually kept the dimensions as they were manually set before.

hope that make sense.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited April 2014

@Socks said:
    Small aside, using a dither, like noise or pattern, will greatly increase file size, best to avoid dither if an 8bit/256 colour palette can get away without it.

Yes, I'd avoid it if the results were usable. In this case the file is 44 kb (with dither and 256 colours) while 24 bits would be 146 kb. For an animation of say 16 frames thats saving 1.6 mb. While this logo (that I used as an example) would not be usable even with dither, matte and 256 colours going with out it would look awful. You have to compromise between size and looks.

8 bit png and 256 colours without dither would be 27 kb (17 kb less than with dither) and look... well:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2856163/LogoNoDither256.png

But that's all beside the point. The problem is the matte, not the dither or file size.

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited April 2014

When installing adhoc builds the install icon is Game Salad's until its installed and then switches to your custom icon. I don't think this happens on the Store build though. Also if using Testflight the icon for the app uses the default Game Salad icon and not the custom one in the App list page.

I don't know if anyone else is getting this issue or if it is already known in previous RC builds? It could even be a publisher issue...?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

The progress is brilliant.

The numbering system is ridiculous ... unless you are just trying to be funny?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

most software companies use a major.minor version system

MAJOR.MINOR.REVISION.BUILDNUMBER

That 4th digit is perfectly fine to increase as high as it needs to. In my company we have a product at version 16.0.0.152 right now.

@BlackCloakGS‌ hit a small bug today. nothing major and easy to work around.

Create a table
    name the row 'firstrow'
    rename the row to 'Firstrow'

it will fail to rename the row complaining about how it has to be a unique name. Work around is to rename it different first, then to the correct way.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@jonmulcahy said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ hit a small bug today. nothing major and easy to work around.

Create a table
    name the row 'firstrow'
    rename the row to 'Firstrow'

it will fail to rename the row complaining about how it has to be a unique name. Work around is to rename it different first, then to the correct way.

NO NO NO.... we are doing so good....... Lets not use the term "Work Around" If there is a issue lets not give it a priority based on if it has a work around or not.

@jonmulcahy said:
    most software companies use a major.minor version system

MAJOR.MINOR.REVISION.BUILDNUMBER

Cheers, I didn't realise that's how it works ! :)

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

After upgraded, when I select some images, and I drag/drop them in images library I get crash.
    I restart GameSalad also get the same crash. And after restarted I can not see the images.

And if I drop images one by one, the notice about the same image's name that already copied. And if I click Yes, the image icon will be viewed in library images.

Drag and drop images one by one is not problem.

My PC is Mac Air OSX 10.9.2

Thank you.

@Socks said:
    Cheers, I didn't realise that's how it works ! :)

I didn't really pay attention to it until I started working here, with 3 major projects in development with patches and hot fixes and future releases, versioning becomes very important :)

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110

Chartboost Interstitial Ads on Android works PERFECT !!!
    Good Job GSTeam :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@jonmulcahy‌ Thank you. Now I have better understanding of the version numbering too.

The big question that many are wondering is will this release finally be GameSalad 1.0?

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110

@gajaklukasz said:
    Chartboost Interstitial Ads on Android works PERFECT !!!
    Good Job GSTeam :)

Ups... guess I was wrong.
    Advertising displays only three times after installing the application.
    Then you'll never see your ad even after restarting the application.
    You'd have to uninstall the application and reinstall it.
    It's kind of illogical. If displays are three times where the problem is?

• PoisonSaintPoisonSaint Member, PRO Posts: 17

Long live GameSalad!!! Wooooooooooh. Making games for fun and for extra cash will be my hobby for life (especially during winter since I can't go fishing) and GameSalad is like the only fun program to use for this hobby. Thank you so much guys for making this awesome program.