Release Candidate 0.11.0.11 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.0.11

Fixes:

• Fixed iOS In-App Purchases returning an error on production for live apps
  • Fixed URL misdirection when iOS apps fail to sign. Now points to the correct Cookbook page.

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to “Mac App Store” or “Mac App Store and identified developers”
  • The iOS Viewer will sometimes fail to display behaviors properly after the first time previewing a project. This can be worked around by hitting the Home button on the device.
  • iPhone apps running on iPad devices with OS 7.1 or greater will show the iOS status bar across the top of the screen. This is a bug on Apple’s side. The current workaround is to make a Universal build instead.
  • Published Mac apps will not load in this build

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

Wooo! Fast ! Love the speed you guys are hammering away at :)

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Hi,

i am using version *****0.10.4.1 beta *****not that "Rc build" but my app was rejected for the Reason

2.1: Apps that crash will be rejected

We found that your app crashed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed when we:

1. Launch the app
    2. Tap "Buy" three times
    3. Enter Apple ID information
    4. App displays loading screen
    5. App crashes

is this issue related to your fixes or not ?

"Fixed iOS In-App Purchases returning an error on production for live apps"

• GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326
    edited April 2014

I have that very same issue today after IOS 7.1.1 release.
    I used gamesalad 10.4.1 version

Reasons

2.1: Apps that crash will be rejected

We found that your app crashed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed when we:

1) Start the app on a device
    2) Select an In App Purchase
    3) Enter credentials and the app crashes here

I will try the RC build now and see what happens..

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..

• william24william24 Member, PRO Posts: 143
    edited April 2014

Noticing that I don't receive the notification that "a banner ad would be displayed here" when I am running the creator for 11.0.11. Is this an indication of a problem with iADs? I had also published in 11.0.8 and the ads have yet to show on my published game so I am curious if this is an issue on this, as well.

Just received the Improper IDFA usage when publishing with 11.0.11

• mactds10mactds10 Member Posts: 63

@william24 said:
    Just received the Improper IDFA usage when publishing with 11.0.11

Yeah, me too.

I will say that on a second app, I made sure I checked "yes" and checked "to serve an advertisement" (or something like that) and it was received no problem...waiting for review.

Whatever you did, I'm now stuck in "Waiting for Upload" and there's no way out of it thanks to the IDFA. I have said no to that question for three other games. Why is it a problem now? I can't even upload a build to developer reject to change the answer to yes on that question. Any help?

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

@trevor@applenapps.com said:
    Whatever you did, I'm now stuck in "Waiting for Upload" and there's no way out of it thanks to the IDFA. I have said no to that question for three other games. Why is it a problem now? I can't even upload a build to developer reject to change the answer to yes on that question. Any help?

This happened to me yesterday because I uploaded a build with IDFA but checked NO on itunes by accident. What you have to do is upload a build without Ads. So republish without checking any ad boxes in Publisher. Then once its upload, reject the binary and upload the one with ads checked.

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

I'll try once again @BlackCloakGS . Since compression software is out, I rely more than ever on 8bit png images where ever possible. I'm too close to the 50 mb limit of google play to splurge on 24 bits. If you save an 8 bit png with Photoshop using a matte, GameSalad will ignore the transparency. I've linked to an example. The two included images are made the same way, "save for web" in Photoshop, 8bit - pattern dither - 256 colours. I used your logo as a poor example. Everything is the same except one has a white matte and the other has no matte selected (in the drop down menu in photoshop). Is it possible to make the matte work? This is hardly a compression trick. Try importing both these images into a project and see what happens.

Without a matte: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2856163/LogoNoMatte.png With a matte: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2856163/LogoWithWhiteMatte.png

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

Seems like the issues on this thread so far can be fixed either by using the latest gamesalad, or by checking the correct boxes when publishing. Maybe you didn't have to check the right boxes before apple tightened its policy of no code for ads without real ads. Which they may have tightened because people were using those APIs for uninteresting purposes?..

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2014

@stueynet said:
    This happened to me yesterday because I uploaded a build with IDFA but checked NO on itunes by accident. What you have to do is upload a build without Ads. So republish without checking any ad boxes in Publisher. Then once its upload, reject the binary and upload the one with ads checked.

Thank you! It did helped.

Agreed...I think checking the box is now expected...

Still waiting to know if the iAds issue above is a bug or part of the overall scheme.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS Has something changed on the publishing side since around the 22nd April? My iPad game in Creator shows a project size of 215mb and last week my application size once published was around 280mb. Now it's 660mb.

I'll submit a bug report.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@ecanhoj my app rejected from apple, i used gamesalad 10.4.1 version ...

• aussiefazaussiefaz Member, PRO Posts: 86

Hi @BlackCloakGS Im not sure if this is 0.11.0.11 version related, or not

I've just finished working on my latest release of UfoBlaster and did so in 0.11.0.11, once I publish'd it to GS, generated the app for IOS Universal and then signed the app. The install on my iphone5's was completely fine, but on my ipad and ipad mini all Im getting is the first loading page and then once its loaded it takes me to my Menu page but all Im getting on this is the background image, the iAD banner saying Im connected to the network and the background music.

I can't use it as it is to publish to apple or anywhere else yet.

The very weird thing is, I tested the version in html5 across all devices prior to hitting publish and they all worked perfect in that, and then opened it in firefox and no problems there either.

Im not sure if you guys can actually test it from my account or not to see if you get the same errors. for those versions, would be handy if you could.

Download UfoBlaster on the iTunes store

@BlackCloakGS just thought I'd test doing the generation and signing on iPad only, but still getting same problem, so not sure whats going on there.

Im going to look over my app from start to finish again to see if there is something weird. It did work fine on the first release with 10.4, the only thing I've done differently now is add game.device.screen position attributes to everything now for better placement.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@aussiefaz said:
    BlackCloakGS just thought I'd test doing the generation and signing on iPad only, but still getting same problem, so not sure whats going on there.

Im going to look over my app from start to finish again to see if there is something weird. It did work fine on the first release with 10.4, the only thing I've done differently now is add game.device.screen position attributes to everything now for better placement.

Did you delete the version you had on your device before installing the new version? Try that if you didn't.

• Kid_Ninja_GamesKid_Ninja_Games Member, PRO Posts: 25

On the RC 0.11.0.11 My custom score font now has a white background on each number instead of being transparent. I haven't made an changes to the game it just looks that way when opened with the GameSalad RC. Is this happening to anyone else?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@Kid_Ninja_Games said:
    On the RC 0.11.0.11 My custom score font now has a white background on each number instead of being transparent. I haven't made an changes to the game it just looks that way when opened with the GameSalad RC. Is this happening to anyone else?

I've seen this in preview but on device it's fine.

• alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291

In-App still returns.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089

@BBEnk said:
    I've seen this in preview but on device it's fine.

Same for me.

edited April 2014

@Kid_Ninja_Games said:

Check to see if your those images are index based (should be RGB) - I think GS converts them on publish but on your viewer you would see the issue.

@alarm656 said:
    In-App still returns.

Does this mean you published in 11.0.11 and there are still iAP issues?

@SingleSparq I did remove the existing app from the devices before testing.

I think it may have something to do with me setting all actors that dont move to having screen height and width positions set. Im playing around with a Device Screen size Attribute changer now to see if it makes a difference

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

I think there is a bug with gamesalad rc. i have 0.11.0.11 the newest. It seems to crash if i have to many actors that bounce. I used @StormyStudio 's template (template below).

https://us.v-cdn.net/5017598/uploads/editor/6w/d9378m1pberp.zip

@aussiefaz said:
    SingleSparq I did remove the existing app from the devices before testing.

I think it may have something to do with me setting all actors that dont move to having screen height and width positions set. Im playing around with a Device Screen size Attribute changer now to see if it makes a difference

Does it white box on you when you drag the actor onto the game area? I just had that happen to me on certain images and changed them from 16 bit to 8 bit to fix them.

Anyone else experiencing:

There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [d2bc8b75-ef2d-4e69-bc02-7d10ee7dd5d5

• Yovanny369Yovanny369 Member Posts: 105

@trevor@applenapps.com said:
    Anyone else experiencing:

There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [d2bc8b75-ef2d-4e69-bc02-7d10ee7dd5d5

Same here

• joshuanewton@live.co.ukjoshuanewton@live.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 17

@Yovanny Ramos said:
    Same here

Same here! Guys absolutely loving the work you are all doing... but why does this publish thing keep happening? I've got to send an expedited review to apple and now i can't do that because of this...

Please can this be looked at ASAP?

Thanks