'Games We're Playing'

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hey, everybody!

So, this is the first of what we hope to be a regular weekly feature on the GameSalad Blog. It's nothing much, just a little update into what games from the GS Community some of us have been playing over the last week or so. They're not full-on reviews, just little summations from three or four of our team members, here at GameSalad. Hope you enjoy.

Adent 42 HAS BEEN PLAYING...
Stairs by Strobanik
I assume there's no end to Stairs, but I keep playing nonetheless. You know, just in case. It's simple, yet enthralling and hypnotic and comes with a high GS recommendation. Get Stairs Now!
and...
Stunt Squirrels! HD by Fire Maple Games
As for 'Stunt Squirrels!', while I enjoyed this game on the iPhone, it really shines on the iPad. The larger screen makes the game even more playable and more enjoyable. Also, the sad scream of cartoon squirrels falling to their doom never ceases to amuse. Finished off another 3-4 levels last night. Get Stunt Squirrels! HD Now!

CodeMonkey HAS BEEN PLAYING...
Farm Showdown! by artonskyblue
Farm Showdown! is a nice, simple game of avoiding objects as you get from one side of the screen to the other. The art is crisp and the interface is simple. If you want to see why the chicken crossed the road, play this game. Play the 'Farm Showdown!' Demo Now!

Yodapollo Has Been Playing...
Alien Breakout by Hunnenkoenig
A new take on a classic arcade style, Alien Breakout offers a far more challenging and visually pleasing iPhone gaming experience than I've come across in recent memory. This is due, in large part, to the fantastic and detailed artwork put into the game. Get Alien Breakout Now!

And there you have it. Not a lot, I know, but just a little glimpse into what we're playing when we're not in the office.

Like I said, we're thinking of making this a weekly entry on our blog. Do you like the idea? Please let us know by leaving us a note below.

Mahalo.

Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Cool.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Nice to see you're playing the communities games. Hopefully I'll have a new one for you to try soon :)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Yodapollo said:
    Like I said, we're thinking of making this a weekly entry on our blog. Do you like the idea? Please let us know by leaving us a note below.

No! No games for you! Get to work!
    Photics said:
    No! No games for you! Get to work!

HAHA!

Yeah, right!
  • mrfunkleberrymrfunkleberry Member Posts: 424
    Nice feature, more please!
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    What could be better than feedback from the people who actually make the software we are slaves to! :) (rhetorical BTW)

I dont recall the last time adobe let me know if they liked the shadow on a font I used.

I think its great!!!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Fab idea :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Fabulous idea! :)
    So, 4 a week? How do you choose what you play?
  • fuzzeemicfuzzeemic Member Posts: 47
    Top stuff.
    I hope to see my game up there one day!
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Cool idea I like it:)

Cheers, Weswog
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    On a related note, I didn't know there was a new survey up. It's pretty interesting...

@Yoda - you can tell which form is mine?

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• StrobanikStrobanik Member Posts: 77
    Arrrrrggh... I removed Stairs from sale a couple of hours ago, and now I saw this... And just realizing that you have to resubmit the binary to make it appear in the appstore again. Splendid timing. Fuuuuu...

I'm happy Adent42 likes to play it though. Sorry for making the link to Stairs broken. It will be back on the appstore in a week or so i guess, just resubmitted the binary.

Thanks again
    Niklas
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    You can remove from sale and put it back again without re-submitting binary. I have done this a few times with an app I found a bug in.
    Go to itunesconnect, manage your application, and select the one you removed from sale (should have the red radio button next to it).

Then edit information, go to the pricing tab, and set your price and effective dates.

You might have to select all the countries one by one.

if you decide not to do this, when the new binary is ready, you will have to go in and do this manually to get it back in the store (unless you uploaded as new app instead of update app).

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Great Idea! And by the way, Farm Showdown up there is my creation!!! Im so proud! Its my first game and its gotten a good review from CodeMonkey ahhhh!!!
  • StrobanikStrobanik Member Posts: 77
    Great, many thanks A3MG. I googled and read that it couldn't be done.

The link should work again in a while!
    Is there an easy way to send promo codes to the Dev Team, I would love if they would try out Space Bump.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @A3MG,

Just send the codes you want us to have to our contact email. We love playing games made by the GS community. I look forward to trying out Space Bump!

--Yodapollo
    Yodapollo said:
    @A3MG,

Just send the codes you want us to have to our contact email. We love playing games made by the GS community. I look forward to trying out Space Bump!

--Yodapollo

Heh, I did ask this question before...
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=5871

Maybe they don't want my games. HA HA! :)
    @Yodapollo, you make it sound so easy to send codes to the contact email addresses? Are these email addresses posted somewhere? I looked on the profiles and didn't see anything.

- davey
    I sent it here...
    http://gamesalad.com/landing/contact

...but then it seems to open a support ticket, which didn't seem accurate to me. It's not a support issue. It's more like a gift from me to Gendai Games. :-)
    How many codes did you send? How many Gendai devs are there?
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Yodapollo: Thanks for the nice review on Alien Breakout! I was really suprised and honored.

If somebody is interested, you still can get promo codes on Promo Dispenser:

http://iphoneapp-promocodes.com/appinfo-973.html
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Code sent for Jungle Bug.....now i feel mean for not sending you guys other game codes :P

Darren.
    Hey, everybody!

We've got a new 'Games We're Playing' post up on the blog!

Check it out, here.

--Yodapollo
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    *thumbs up* :D
    Another Wednesday, another edition of 'Games We're Playing'. Check it out on the blog. Lots of good stuff this week, and all from the GS community!
    Hey, everybody!

I know it's Wednesday and so we should be posting a brand new Games We're Playing post. However, due to all the work we've been doing on getting a release out the door, WWDC, and preparing for E3 next week, Games We're Playing will be postponed until next week. We'll still be publishing New Games This Week on Friday. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Have a great Wednesday!

--Yodapollo