Release Candidate 0.11.0.12 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.0.12

Fixes:

• Published Mac apps are now working again.

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to “Mac App Store” or “Mac App Store and identified developers”
  • The iOS Viewer will sometimes fail to display behaviors properly after the first time previewing a project. This can be worked around by hitting the Home button on the device.
  • iPhone apps running on iPad devices with OS 7.1 or greater will show the iOS status bar across the top of the screen. This is a bug on Apple’s side. The current workaround is to make a Universal build instead.
  • 8-bit PNGs can lose their transparency in Creator Preview and the Viewers. These should still work in published apps.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

As I've mentioned before. 8 bit images, made with Photoshop and using a matte lose their transparency in the viewer AND after publishing.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff, seems like you are getting closer to a stable release . . . the fixes list seems to shrink each time . . . which is very good sign !

:)

• raze_struckraze_struck Member, PRO Posts: 141

If you use a release candidate now, will I be able to transfer my file to a stable build release afterwards? I am a pro member, and in the early stages of developing a long term title, and I want to take advantage of referencing table attributes from either side of a conditional, and all the other goodies of course. Anyway if I open my project in the nightly, and continue it there, can I then re-open it under the new stable that comes out thereafter. Shouldn't be an issue right?

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

@razmigma89@gmail.com said:
    If you use a release candidate now, will I be able to transfer my file to a stable build release afterwards? I am a pro member, and in the early stages of developing a long term title, and I want to take advantage of referencing table attributes from either side of a conditional, and all the other goodies of course. Anyway if I open my project in the nightly, and continue it there, can I then re-open it under the new stable that comes out thereafter. Shouldn't be an issue right?

I asked the same question and CodeWizard said it should work fine, just change the project extension and it should load into the stable release with no problem

Not able to delete the conditions i put inside a rule, but I can add them ok, anyone having this problem??

nvm, gotta select it first ...:P

In my defense though, in the stable build if you hit the (-) button in the rule, it will delete the most recent condition

• sawkasteesawkastee Member Posts: 184

@razmigma89@gmail.com said:
    In my defense though, in the stable build if you hit the (-) button in the rule, it will delete the most recent condition

Shouldn't you highlight the rule you wish to delete before pressing (-) ?

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

Small bug..

When importing an image and replacing one that already exists (i.e. press replace on import). It updates the image in the inspectors library properly, which is now working well. But when using the drop down list in a 'Change Image' behavior, it shows both the old and new image file. i.e. an image file called 'image1' will appear twice in the drop down menu.

It's fixed by closing and re-opening Creator.

By no means the worst thing in the world, happy to live with it.

Seems like a pretty solid build so far..

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

FYI guys we are dropping support for 8bit png however we do support 16bit pngs

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

Just from a laymens perspective - seeing as how gamesalads mission is making the simplest game creation system possible, wouldn't dropping support for 8bit pngs be just another hurdle for people learning the software? As more rules are added, the system gets a higher leaning curve. A lot of people have probably never heard of 8 bit vs 16 bit pngs, outside of the graphics and coding worlds which is gamesalads most notable demographic.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@BlackCloakGS said:
    FYI guys we are dropping support for 8bit png however we do support 16bit pngs

Then I hope you're working on a way to make larger apps than 50 mb for Android and/or supporting older versions for a long time. My game has over 400 8 bit png images and close to the 50 mb limitation. That's going to be fun.

@vafurlogi we realize file size is a big deal a we will work on finding a good solution in a release after 11

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Can't wait for 11 on Windows. So much I am waiting to do and templates to play with

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

I have a minor gui issue with large scene projects. I am working on a project which is 7000 high and 2560 wide. Whenever I go to the scene editor it doesn't quite display the bottom left corner I always have to scroll the last bit over and down to see my all of my HUD and of scene actors. I do this so many times when working on my app it is annoying and time consuming.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@BlackCloakGS Hey so is 11.0.13 the stable version release? Went to open GS and it prompted me to download. Just want to make sure it is the stable version before doing so.

@FallacyStudios yep. That is our stable 11 release

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@BlackCloakGS‌ Woot... thank you sir.

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

@BlackCloakGS said:
    FallacyStudios yep. That is our stable 11 release

Loving the way you seriosuly down play what is a pretty big event in the world of the GameSalad forum :-)

@sawkastee said:
    Shouldn't you highlight the rule you wish to delete before pressing (-) ?

yes i realize that now, its much better that way. Before if you did not highlight anything and just hit the (-) button it would delete your most recent rule placed. It still occurs in 10.4.1 or whatever the newest stable build is.

• iKlazzyiKlazzy Member, PRO Posts: 71
    edited May 2014

Does anyone else have trouble with the iOS viewer in Xcode
    (nvm I'm on 11.0.13)