Table issues... Easiest thing in world, just not working.

JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
edited April 2014 in Working with GS (PC)

Hello everyone, I've provided some screenshots for what I'm having trouble with. It's blowing my mind, because lets be honest, this should be extremely easy!

It is my first time using tables, so I may have missed something, so please, please for the love of.. Help me? :)

Here are the screenshots. (Yes, I am using Windows, but all is the same, just different interface - more users in this category)

Here's a screenshot of my "POINTS DISPLAY" actor that is located on the actual level itself (Level 1):

Here's a screen of the highscore actor that is found on the "paused" popup before each level starts:

And last but not least, the table... So, so simple:

Can someone see a problem here? Because it honestly looks extremely easy and feels as if it is common sense. But the table value simply will not update to save the new highscore.

I already attempted making a button to update the highscore, and when I clicked it, the highscore actually did update.

And of course, "game.score" is updating without any issue throughout gameplay, and I was able to get highscore data to save another way (NOT USING TABLES), but I wouldn't want to use that way for 27 levels, which is why I am trying so hard to get this to work.

I appreciate any and all help I get.

Comments

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

Oh.
    For heavens sake............................

Please disregard this thread.

Idiot me had the stuff in the first screenshot in a a RULE stating that IF game.LevelComplete is true, which, of course you guessed it, a level is not complete if you die before reaching the end.

I feel incredibly moronic at the moment, and really tired. This whole GameSalad Creator thing has literally taken over my life, lol. I cannot wait to show off my first game with everyone here. :)

I just want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for your incredible assistance on these forums. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Have a great day, everyone!!

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

Heh, don't feel too bad. Scripting is one of the easiest tasks in the world to fail on a small, missed error. I can all but guarantee every poster on this board has felt as silly as you do now at least once, and probably much more.

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

I would just like to say, that I've spent over 2 hours attempting to implement highscore into my game. I am distraught. LOL. This should have taken 10 minutes. I go nights without sleep because of my upcoming game. O.O Literally.

I've spent over 90 hours on my game to date, and only started creating my game 6 days ago, and I also work 7 days a week. Ouuuu yeaaaaa

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@JodyMitoma said:
    I would just like to say, that I've spent over 2 hours attempting to implement highscore into my game. I am distraught. LOL. This should have taken 10 minutes. I go nights without sleep because of my upcoming game. O.O Literally.

I've spent over 90 hours on my game to date, and only started creating my game 6 days ago, and I also work 7 days a week. Ouuuu yeaaaaa

Welcome to game development. ;) It can certainly be frustrating at times but if you stick with it you'll reap the rewards.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

yea good times. I can't tell you how many times I spent hours and days trying to overcome and issue, finally break down and post the question on the forums only to have a eureka moment 5 minutes later and resolve it.