Iphone landscape size

ramfrdramfrd Member Posts: 13

I tried to create a new project with Iphone landscape selected. The size of the game is 480*320... I think it is not the correct size of Iphone 5 model.. I have 0.10.4.1 gamesalad windows version....

Best Answer

Answers

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

The iphone 5 display is 1136x960. That is what you want use :)

• ramfrdramfrd Member Posts: 13

um!!!! I am kinda confused here.... when we click on new game,we get options to select for which device we are trying to make a game, like iphone portrait/iphone landscape and more... I selected Iphone Landscape. I expected it to be of latest iphone size , but when I see size under game tab, it is 480*320... Am I making sense now?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

The "Legacy iPhone Landscape" option is for old iPhones, their size is 480 x 320.

The "iPhone Landscape" option is for new iPhones, their size is 568 x 320.

This is in the Macintosh version, I'm not sure if the Windows version has options for both Legacy and non-Legacy iPhones...

Remember that both of those sizes are effectively doubled when you use Resolution Independence.

I have only one option Iphone Landscape and not anything else in windows :(.. anyone using windows version can help?

thanks Jamie..I thought of it and did that already.. but I never thought the solution cud be that simple.... by the way another question.. To avoid all these issues with Windows creator, is it possible to use gamesalad in mac virtual machine?

By the way, all your youtube tutorials are great!! thanks

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited May 2014

Thanks @ramfrd, I'm afraid I don't have much info about the virtual machine since I'm a mac user, my guess is you could but it just might run slow for you. Only a guess though.

On the occasion that I do run the Windows version its on my Mac using Parallels Desktop and I've had no problems.

well, it is a lot of work , I will give it a try... thanks @jamie