How well did your first game made sell?

expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
Hi, i just sent my first app for review so I just wanted to get an idea on how well everones first app sold :)

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Danger Cats! has made a little over 6K so far.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Traffic Ninja has made about $700. Most of it was when Apple featured it for a week.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Lucky! Haha how much time did you spend on it? Also do you work individually or do you have a company?
    This question goes to both of you haha
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Working individually, for a little under a month I think, Kill the King has made a little over $4,000 but was never featured by apple.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    It took me 3 weeks part time. It was for a Gamesalad contest that started when I first joined.
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    Fireflight has sold about $50 since March.

Hopefully the update will make it more comfortable to play while still keeping it challenging.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Contented Baby - basically a relaxing sounds sound board with interactive colour changing screen. Took 2 weeks to learn GS and make and submit to apple. Made about $140 in 4 months, currently free.

Quake Builder- took more like 4 months to make, made around $150 in 3 weeks, sales dwindling, needs an update. My free lite version is selling anything from 500 - 1000 a day still after being out for nearly 2 weeks.
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    I know it was 11 days from when I showed Joe GameSalad, until he submitted his first version of Danger Cats!, so that would be a pretty good ratio of work to income. He has added levels, and made a Lite version, some of which would have boosted the sales.
  • ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    You guys are so lucky!!

Good luck everyone!
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    My first game sold over twenty million dollars worth in three days... it's an app that tells the future.
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I don't seem to break the £50 mark... I can understand it with my first game danger room but 'Quizicards' is great so really should be selling more...
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    My first was a free game which has been downloaded over 12,500 times in it's 4 months on the App Store, as of this morning. But free is a different animal. It was not featured, so still pretty good. It's gotten pretty good reviews, and a little nice (and unexpected) press right out of the gate... http://www.examiner.com/x-20229-iPhone-Games-Examiner~y2010m1d29-Free-iPhone-game-of-the-week--its-a-tie-between-Food-Fight-and-Trundle

My second app is not a game, it's an "entertainment" and has been on the app store about one month at 99¢. It's made about $100. Never featured, hardly noticed. It's gotten really good reviews, however.

Tickle Stones http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tickle-stones/id363484260?mt=8
    Food Fight! (free) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/food-fight/id352646643?mt=8
    Haha thats so funny because I was just playing Food Fight the other day, very cool to know you created it! Nice game btw! :)
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    I am selling not well and I have entered forums and made videos and all the stuff...Karma is a bitch T_T... but as I entered the development using my name I guess gamers are still afraid from buying an individual person's game. And I made a casual game to see at first how it would be. I am still finishing my shoot em up game which I still have more expectations.
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    doddle jump for example if you watch the brothers developers interview you will know why that game is in 2nd place at the app store...they had someone inside the app store to promote their game....yes still an addictive game and as any developer they deserve their prize!
    Well good luck to everyone!!
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    artonskyblue said:
    Haha thats so funny because I was just playing Food Fight the other day, very cool to know you created it! Nice game btw! :)

Very cool! Thanks!
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    my first game made $2.9K so far and that's because it was lucky enough to be featured. But sales have slid off to the floor right now...but I'm not giving up yet. Another update to the game is coming soon, hopefully it'll be featured again.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Earth attack has made $22 :D
    izam said:
    my first game made $2.9K so far and that's because it was lucky enough to be featured. But sales have slid off to the floor right now...but I'm not giving up yet. Another update to the game is coming soon, hopefully it'll be featured again.

Luckyy!! My app just went into 'in review' I hope that it gets featured but im not counting on it haha! I actually downloaded your game and liked it a lot, very fun and great graphics! If anyone is interested in seeing the GS web version of my game, heres the link: http://gamesalad.com/game/play/58916
    This is only a demo of my game of course so i only included 3 levels, but im crossing my fingers hoping that my game gets accepted today and hits the app store on Friday! Good luck to everyone here on their upcoming projects, I wish you all success! :)
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Haha I enjoyed your game! nice graphics, but especially the audio!

If the games on a nice difficulty curve, it should be a fun little game!

Good Luck!
    Oh don't worry there's levels full of tricks in there! Lol I'll make sure to leave promo codes for anyone who wants one. It's still 'in review' and has stayed that way for 6 hours now :(
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    should be approved by tomorrow morning, don't fret!

it always takes forever for your first game!

Its kinda like christmas!