Getting on the 'New Releases' Page?

TillboTillbo Member Posts: 55
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
The last couple of Apps I have done have failed to make the first few pages of the new releases but I don't really know what the best strategy is to avoid this?

The one App was approved and on the App store but it took 24 hrs before it was listed as a new release and was initially on page 4 of the list?

I know there have been threads about this in the past but what in everyone's opinion is the best...

a) Set no release dates and it appears when it is approved
b) Set a release date a few weeks in the future so it should have got approved in the meantime and releases on the day you set
c) Set a release date way in the future and then change it the day it is approved to todays date
d) Give your App a name beginning with 'A' so it is higher up the list
e) Something else?

As I am in the UK what I find also, annoyingly, is that Apps can get approved at say 11.45pm our time, which means in the UK at least it is put lower on the list than Apps that are approved after midnight (local time)

Sorry for another thread on this but I am at a loss as to what to do. When I did get an App on the first page sales where significantly better whilst it was there

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I tend to set my release date 10 days ahead of when i 1st submit it to itunes. When it is accepted and i recieve the email telling me it will be live in 24 hours i then go and set the date a day ahead of that. i..e if it was approved today then i would go and change the release date to tomorrows dat
  • osalzanoosalzano Member, PRO Posts: 136
    @beefy_clyro: Do it work for you?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I found that generally works. I had scheduled one 10 days in advance, got an email saying it would be live, was going to change to the next day and realised when i set it 10 days in advance it was already on that day so left it alone without changing, this screwed me and i did indeed end up about page 4. When i have been on the 1st pages its generally when i get that email to go and set it forward 24 hours, this in my experience has worked best for me.