Release Candidate 0.11.1 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.1

Features:

• iOS and Android viewers now support Stretch. Due to this change, the toggle for Overscan has been replaced with a new aspect picker. Tapping the current aspect will allow you to select either Stretch, Overscan, or Letterbox.

Fixes:

• Fixed RevMob causing apps to hang if it failed to display an ad. RevMob SDKs updated to 7.5.1 for iOS and 6.9.0 for Android
  • Fixed issues with iOS In-App Purchases that would cause apps to fail submission to Apple.
  • Fixed number attributes being limited to 1 million in Creator. The limits for each number type are as follows:
    • Real: Raised to 1.7E +/- 308 from 3.4E +/- 38
    • Integer: +/- 2,147,483,647
    • Index: 0 to 4,294,967,295
    • Angle: 0 to 360
  • Fixed an error occurring when attempting to change the case of a Table row name (i.e. "rowname" to "RowName")
  • False positives with Android anti-virus scanners have been fixed. Send in a support ticket if you're still having issues.

Known Issues:

• Angle attributes only accept whole numbers right now (will be fixed in the next release)
  • Aspect picker for Android does not scale well with devices that have large displays
  • The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers"
  • The iOS Viewer will sometimes fail to display behaviors properly after the first time previewing a project. This can be worked around by hitting the Home button on the device.
  • iPhone apps running on iPad devices with OS 7.1 or greater will show the iOS status bar across the top of the screen. This is a bug on Apple's side. The current workaround is to make a Universal build instead.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• Aram SurchyAram Surchy Member, PRO Posts: 78

AMAZING!

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

An awesome from me!

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694
    edited May 2014

why does this keep happening? (the behaviors are missing [3 time in a row]) @blackcloakgs

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

I got SO excited until I saw no version for Windows :(

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@BlackCloakGS @dgackey @CodeWizard Very nice. Thank you for getting right on it. Here is hoping that the iAps work now.

Any chance you guys can take a look at the issue I reported. It has made an entire section of my game entirely un-functional when it was working fine in previous versions. Also, oddly enough, it works fine in the Creator, but not on the devices.

Thanks

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Thank you,I hope IAP works now.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

Awesome work!!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

If my app is under review, can I just reject the binary and upload an updated version?

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@Dues Yes you can , but apple counts days from your last binary upload

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Thanks! @madhanlab‌
    Uploaded yesterday so it won't make any difference i guess :)

• AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310

so what exactly was wrong with IAP then? @BlackCloakGS‌

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    edited May 2014

@Adamgopro said:
    so what exactly was wrong with IAP then? BlackCloakGS‌

Ummm... Look at the threads that say "IAP not working"
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/67140/urgent-help-iaps-rejected-by-apple#latest

• joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41

IAP still broken in production for me on 11.1 and Apple has rejected my app. I posted in the link provided above.

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

@joeltelling said:
    IAP still broken in production for me on 11.1 and Apple has rejected my app. I posted in the link provided above.

11.1 just released 1 day, you mean you submit again by 11.1, then apple reviewed your app and rejected it at the same day ? it's impossible

• FuzzBuzzFuzzBuzz Member, PRO Posts: 119

@joeltelling said:

yeah sounds weird to me as well @AlvinF‌ I've sent 2 apps off for review with the 11.1 RC, i'll keep you guys posted.

Not impossible at all. As I've explained in the other thread, my game is set to expedited, so submit, review and decision usually happens in 12-24 hours.

@AlvinF said:

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@joeltelling‌
    I'm glad to hear you have an expedited app. We're going to add more logging and update the binaries so you can resubmit. It's important that you ask Apple to provide the console output from your app run so we can look at the details.

Expect @BlackCloakGS‌ to reach out to you directly to get some testing iterations done on this.

This problem is really annoying because we can't repro it internally. Everything "just works." We're also waiting on our own app to get into review so we can test more.

Grrrrr.

@CodeWizard‌ Man, the proverbial "it works on my machine!" is the bane of any developer :)

I asked Apple for the console output, and their response was that they could not give that to me. I'll send a note their way saying I would love to have it for my next submission. Hopefully they'll give it to me then. Is there a special way to ask for it?

@CodeWizard said:
    joeltelling‌
    I'm glad to hear you have an expedited app. We're going to add more logging and update the binaries so you can resubmit. It's important that you ask Apple to provide the console output from your app run so we can look at the details.

Expect BlackCloakGS‌ to reach out to you directly to get some testing iterations done on this.

This problem is really annoying because we can't repro it internally. Everything "just works." We're also waiting on our own app to get into review so we can test more.

Grrrrr.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BlackCloakGS "Fixed issues with iOS In-App Purchases" Great work, I have been dying to try and add one for a while to a free app already in the Store, but been waiting for this. Thank you.

edited May 2014

@PhilipCC said:
    BlackCloakGS "Fixed issues with iOS In-App Purchases" Great work, I have been dying to try and add one for a while to a free app already in the Store, but been waiting for this. Thank you.

So you're saying that it actually worked ??

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thank you. Its Amazing. I submited my new game.

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

I have one question about Stretch. Is it will do stretch also for attribute that I put as number?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@FuzzBuzz‌ I'll tell you after I add the IAP and submit it!

@PhilipCC said:
    FuzzBuzz‌ I'll tell you after I add the IAP and submit it!

ok thanks

@sadida172 said:
    So which boxes should we check on these IDFA questions with this 0.11.1 release? The first two?

If your app is configured to use the iAd Network ONLY, select the option "No" for "Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?"

For any other combination of ad service providers, choose "Yes" for "Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?"

Also select the following options:

• Serve advertisements within the app

• Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement

Also select the box for affirmation under "Limit Ad Tracking settings in iOS".

Hope this answers your question ! :smile:

@sadida172 said:
    Thanks a ton FuzzBuzz! My app is using iAds only, so I'm submitting it as No IDFA :)

No prob ! it was actually Bob‌ of GS that gave me that answer cause I had the exact same problem :smile: So yeah, NO IDFA should work if you're using iAds

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited May 2014

@BlackCloakGS @dgackey @CodeWizard
    Using 11.1 for submission. This is the rejection I got which is the same as reported by a few others on here.

We found that your app has incorrectly implemented receipt validation, so it does not properly distinguish between the review (sandbox) environment and the production environment. This is resulting in a validation query to the production servers instead of a sandbox receipt check, and is preventing us from being able to review your app.

To address this issue, please revise your binary to include the necessary logic required to differentiate between the review and production environments.

For information on how to implement receipt validation, please see the Receipt Validation Programming Guide If your app includes In-App Purchases, please also see FAQ #15 of Technical Note TN2259 - Adding In-App Purchase to your iOS and OS X Applications.
    For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.