Newbie questions

marklattz2@gmail.commarklattz2@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

Hi guys, I'm completely new to Gamesalad and I have two questions I would greatly appreciate being thoroughly answered for the making of my app....

The question #1 ~~~~ How do I make it so that once someone "Presses" a ball and then releases it, that, they can't touch or catch it again. Im trying to prevent people from just dragging the ball over to the objective (I have a wall boundary set up already) But Im trying to stop people from tossing the ball past the wall, catching it, then dragging it over to the objective.

~~ #2 Im trying to make it so that once the ball passes over an object (A), the image of another object, say, (B) changes.

Comments

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@marklattz2@gmail.com said:
    Hi guys, I'm completely new to Gamesalad and I have two questions I would greatly appreciate being thoroughly answered for the making of my app....

The question #1 ~~~~ How do I make it so that once someone "Presses" a ball and then releases it, that, they can't touch or catch it again. Im trying to prevent people from just dragging the ball over to the objective (I have a wall boundary set up already) But Im trying to stop people from tossing the ball past the wall, catching it, then dragging it over to the objective.

~~ #2 Im trying to make it so that once the ball passes over an object (A), the image of another object, say, (B) changes.

To answer your first question, this is what I would do. In the ball actor, I would create a self Real attribute called what touch am I. (It will be set to zero. Then create a rule that says;

When touch is pressed
    &
    When self.what touch am I = 0
    (Do your rules)

Create another rule that says:
    When touch is released
    &
    When self.what touch am I = 0
    Change Attribute: self.what touch am I to 1
    (Do your rules)

*Now self.what touch am I will be 1 and since it's not 0 the rules under touch and release won't happen.

To answer your second question, this is what I would do. Create a real game attribute called What Image Am I and it will be set to 0.

In the ball actor create a rule that says,

When Actor Receives Event; Overlaps or Collides; with actor of type; Object A
    Change Attribute: game.What Image Am I to 1

Now go into the Object B actor and pit a rule that says

When Attribute; game.What Image Am I = 0
    Change image to image 1

When Attribute; game.What Image Am I = 1
    Change image to image 2

Hope that helps and makes sense!

• marklattz2@gmail.commarklattz2@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    Hope that helps and makes sense!

My second question is resolved but Im still having problems with the first. This is what I did according to your instructions

http://gyazo.com/8f68fc0f1912cd9ae4aa382a70cc9056