Reg. PRO membership

Ashok AmsamaniAshok Amsamani IndiaMember Posts: 6

Is it worth to buy PRO version? I see lot of sad stories in this page - http://marketplace.gamesalad.com/#product=12308. Please advice.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    edited May 2014

Honestly, I cannot see me using GameSalad without PRO. Seriously.
    This is my opinion of course, so feel free to take it whichever way you choose.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I guess it depends on how you are going to define it's worth. It's worth it for me to include ads in my game, include twitter connectivity, game center leader boards etc...

I haven't made my $299 investment back through the ads or games themselves yet, but that does not define its worth in my case.

• Ashok AmsamaniAshok Amsamani IndiaMember Posts: 6

People says in that post that they are not even able to upload games into Android market using PRO and also someone commented that he still sees basic version only even after he upgraded to PRO, those are scaring me. Do you face these kind of issues?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I only publish to the Apple Store at the moment but have never had a problem. Also never had a problem withe the PRO features not showing.

My guess is the problems uploading to the Android Market are not necessarily a Gamesalad Issue and sometimes there is a day or two wait I guess for the PRO features to show for some users. But I've signed out of my subscription and back in and they have always shown right up without issue.

• MarsStudiosMarsStudios Member, PRO Posts: 40

@Ashok Amsamani said:
    People says in that post that they are not even able to upload games into Android market using PRO and also someone commented that he still sees basic version only even after he upgraded to PRO, those are scaring me. Do you face these kind of issues?

After I purchased PRO it was still showing as the basic version. I contacted the support team and later that day the flags were removed from my account and it was all fine.
    I believe it is just the system not updating the account correctly, but as long as you contact support they will fix it for you…

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

Do you honestly believe GameSalad would still be in business if people never gained access to pro features after paying GameSalad? Or that the pro features where not actually available?

Pro works as advertised and any issues that do arise GameSAlad will address and fix.

Now as far as worth you have to decide. Can you make a good enough game yet to make that investment. Do you even understand GameSalad enough to complete a game in the next year? Those are questions you have to ask yourself. Because you can make your game and practice all day long in the free version. There is nothing in pro that will make your game better. The only real game option is multiplayer but if your not well versed in using the tool in general multiplayer is going to be way over your head.

So the real question is are you confident enough in yourself to go pro. If you do then go for it. There's no issue with it not working. The only issue is do you need it now or do you have 6 months of learning before you need to worry about pro?

• thekidinbostonthekidinboston Member, PRO Posts: 10

I tried testing the whole publishing process by publishing as a HTML5 file, and nothinmg but problems. First I was going to publish to Windows, but realized I dont have the ability to do that yet, so I tried HTML5. After testing the build, it was just a black screen with a button showing from a scene that isnt even the home scene. With all the money and time I have put into this so far, I am getting very worried that using Gamesalad was a huge huge waste. Looks like I am not the only one. Oh! And I just tried tried publishing to HTML5 again from scratch and it won't even let me. It says I dont have enough points and to fill out more information in the Genreal tab... what general tab!?!?! what the heck Gamesalad!?!?! %$$E^RF^F^%!!!!!!