State of GameSalad on 6-2-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

I'm back from my nice vacation... rested and raring to go. Let's get a jump on this week's post!

First off, I've finally updated the roadmap. Check it out here: http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

We've got several things that we're continuing to work on, of course. Most notably is dealing with the Apple IAP rejection issue. We believe we have a solution for this problem and are waiting for verification from Apple. You know what really gets me on this issue? It's been caused by a change to Apple's corporate firewall at the app review offices. It took us two weeks to get ahold of someone at Apple to help get to the bottom of this. And, once we got someone, it took over a week to diagnose the problem. The final comment from them was something like "Yeah, IT changed the firewall and we don't know why." Meh. Anyway, we've setup a passthrough server that's used during app review. This should solve the problem. Expect a new RC today with a final release once we've verified that the issue is fixed.

Beyond fixing this IAP issue, we're working on:

1. Windows update for 0.11.
  2. 0.12 with Facebook integration and Google Play IAP.
  3. Graphics engine overhaul.
  4. Public facing bug database.
  5. New cross-platform Creator.

Check out the roadmap for more details. I'll do my best to keep that updated more regularly. I get lost in the deep dark code hole sometimes though. Someone throw me a rope! :)

Comments